PDA

View Full Version : Continually suffering....

Roxanne Harris
28-10-06, 18:24
Hi, I hope this is the right place for me to post. I am diagnosed with PTSD from an assault that almost killed me 7 years ago, I have dealt with that well, my other trauma, was sexual abuse as a child into my teens by my father. Just Friday at work I flashed, it was horrendous, I am not doing very well right now, coping skills are minimal, I am checking myself into a clinic next week, does it ever stop? I don't know if I can go on "opening" doors long shut, and re-experience all the abuse over again. Simple things trigger me, I am on meds, my Dr is wonderful, but what more can I do? I am 33.

snoopy
28-10-06, 18:38
Hi Roxanne,

Just read your post. you're clearly a surviour, I admire your corrage. you WILL be fine! Go to the clinc and get the professial help you need. I thought I would end up in a clinc last year after suffering a truma. But instead I just Drifted in a fog every day. Last year Is a complete bluur now.

I'm 39, married with three children, and another due any day.

Good Luck

candie
28-10-06, 20:16
Hi roxanne,
First of all a big welcome to you,this forum is a saviour!!!

You have been through an awful lot,i feel for you.You are strong,A SURVIVOR,and you will get there.It just FEELS like you will never get well again.You have had a lot to deal with and you have to face it to be able to move on.

Keep going to see your doctor,make sure you take your meds and the clinic will offer you the help you need.

Keep smiling roxanne,it wont be like this forever,i promise...

Keep us posted,good luck and take care,Candie xx:D

Wannabeloved85
28-10-06, 20:18
Roxanne,

Welcome, i admire your bravery for writing your experiences and also for checking yourself into a clinic to re-live the experiences again, your truely a survivor in everyones eyes. I welcome you here again, There is a light at the end of this this long dark tunnel, you'll find it! in the mean time, allow us to hand you a flash light to assist you on your travels.

Becci x x x

nomorepanic
29-10-06, 17:46
Hi Roxanne

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely people here.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
29-10-06, 18:08
Hi Roxanne!

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here.

Im sure you will get some great advice here and make new friends on the way !:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

trac67
29-10-06, 21:16
Hi Roxanne,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
29-10-06, 22:04
Hi Roxanne,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Roxanne Harris
29-10-06, 23:45
I want to let you all know how welcome you have made me feel. Thank you all sooo much, and a special thanks to a dear friend who sent me the link ....I am happy to be here and look forward to communicating with you all.
Roxanne

mad_shell66
30-10-06, 18:40
hiya, a big warm welcome to you

shellxx