PDA

View Full Version : First day of CBT

dancingfrog
05-10-13, 07:45
Today is my first appointment with a psychologist for my choking phobia and I am so nervous. Im really worried about eating before I go, making sure I have enough energy in me for the drive there and back. I don't know what to expect and starting my new job on Monday is really playing on my mind. Im really freaking out about eating now!

MRS STRESS ED
05-10-13, 08:54
Cbt was the best thing i done it helped me loads i hope it does the same for you just wishing you well good luck :)

dancingfrog
05-10-13, 09:06
Thanks, hopefully today I will want to get better!

Tessar
05-10-13, 20:32
Dancing frog.... How did it go?

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 08:44
It went well we didn't do much cbt just talking and thinking about my thought processes. As of today I have to eat normally as mushy my food and surviving on liquids is causing my fears to getting worst. He said it will be scary but I have to do it. I'm now sitting in my living room terrified of even eating my porridge but I have to do it!

Tessar
06-10-13, 10:05
For a first session of CBT that sounds normal, there has to be alot of chatting at the start to collect plenty of facts and background. Along the way, as you try new things (or ones you are familiar with but fear) you can observe how you feel and what thoughts come to mind. It is amazing that when you slow the thought process down, the things you notice. Be they reactions of mind or feelings and sensations in your body. You will start to unpick what is triggering your fear and you will find ways of stopping the downward spiral too.

how did the porridge eating go?

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 10:25
Yes, I am really looking forward to it and thinking positively. I ate my porridge all my myself. Wooooo

Tessar
06-10-13, 19:13
That's brilliant..... How did it feel to eat your porridge? Is a good texture to begin with I would have thought.

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 19:50
It was ok, had some pasta for my lunch too, however I haven't been able to eat even half of my Sunday dinner as it terrified me, the size do the portion, the size of the pieces of food so I gave up, now I feel I am a total failure and I can't get better!

Moley
06-10-13, 20:18
You are doing really good. Keep it up.

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 21:14
Thanks Moley had a bit of a slump at tea time as I gave up with my Sunday dinner.

Tessar
06-10-13, 21:20
You certainly aren't a failure, no way. When you work in stuff like this ... as you probably already know..... It can be like one step forward, two steps back. But you have done well.

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 21:36
Thanks I just had a biscuit go me!

Sparkle1984
06-10-13, 22:01
It sounds like you are doing very well. Try not to worry too much if you face a few setbacks along the way; I think you are moving in the right direction. :)

MRS STRESS ED
06-10-13, 22:07
that's excellent your doing really well :D

Moley
07-10-13, 23:47
Hope that you are still doing great.
Hope that you had a good first day in your job.

Tessar
08-10-13, 10:59
Thanks I just had a biscuit go me!
yum yum...... and well done.