PDA

View Full Version : I've put my back out! :(

EmilyK83
05-10-13, 09:50
Was getting ready for work yesterday morning, bent down to pick up my back and suddenly ended up in a huge amount of pain in my lower back. Didn't hear any tearing or ripping, just suddenly could barely move!

Spoke to my GP on the phone and he just told me to take cocodamol and ibuprofen for a few days to see what it does - I can't take ibuprofen though because of my reflux issues :(

I slept so badly last night because there's not a single position I'm comfortable in, and this morning I'm moving around like an 80 year old - even things like going to the toilet (tmi) are too difficult.

I don't know what to do! And my anxiety's now spiralling because I have no idea what's wrong or how to make it feel more comfortable :(

almamatters
05-10-13, 14:30
You have my sympathy Emily, I did the same thing a couple of years ago and sitting down, lying down and standing were all agony. I did go to the doctor but basically it was a case of pain meds paracetemol and just wait it out see if it got better. I used to use heat pads, and hot water bottles quite a lot which did seem to help. I went to my GP as I also became anxious and he checked me over and said it wasn't something that needed further investigation . I think the reassurance of my GP saying that was enough to make me feel a bit better straight away!. I hope you are feeling better soon. x

Magic
05-10-13, 16:07
Back pain is so hard to get under control. Could it be slipped disc or muscle trouble?
I have been given cocodomol for my back pain, I take them sometimes but they cause me to get constipated, and made me feel sleepy in the day. I have heat pads, wheat pads as well.
Maybe a visit to see your GP if there is no improvement next week.
Hope you feeling better soon