PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, I'm having a relapse :(...

LF87
05-10-13, 12:39
Hi all.

I've been doing so well the last few months, life has been a lot less terrifying. I was obsessed with oral C and tongue C for about 6 months, but managed to sort of get over it. I thought I was so over it that I booked a holiday with my boyfriend, we go on Friday. Typically, something has happened in my mouth that is really scaring me, to the point where there will be no point getting on that plane if it's still there, because it's all I'm thinking about.
It started when I got tonsillitis back in March(ish) and noticed the back side of my tongue looked different to the other side. I think they're called lingual tonsils, on the back side of the tongue. Anyway, they were bigger than the other side, so I googled, scared myself silly, and went to the doctors about 8 times about it. She said I was fine. Saw an ENT guy, he said it was fine and NOT to google. Also saw my dentist about all of this. All said i'm fine. Ive still always had a niggle about it, but mostly let it go eventually. I went out for drinks with my friends on Thursday. Woke up Friday with a sore/ulcer on my tongue right next to the area that used to freak me out. Now I'm convinced that it's the 'one', and now when I go to the doctors they'll see something they missed before.

All I wanted to know is, if anyone else has had ulcers/sores on the back of their tongue? I really don't think I can go away if it's still there :( It's sore and like a little red bud shape with a tiny white head.
Can anyone help or give me some advice? I'm just so gutted and really upset. And obviously very freaked out.

Thank you. x

Fishmanpa
05-10-13, 13:20
As a OC survivor, I wanted to let you know that OC doesn't present itself as you describe. The fact that you've been to the doctor 8 times and cleared should have some relevance as well.

Don't allow a "fear" ruin a wonderful vacation with your boyfriend! Have a great time and stay away from the drinking as it can and does aggravate the tissues of the mouth and throat.

Good Luck!

debs71
05-10-13, 13:35
Hello LF87,

I have had the exact same thing before.

Right at the back of the tongue, and at the back side edges are taste buds. These can get irritated and inflamed. A month or so ago, I had a very sore one at very back of my tongue, just as you describe it - bud/bulb like, red/white looking. It was sore as hell, but eventually shrunk back and calmed down.

It happens sometimes if you eat certain foods (hot/spicy stuff) or if you injure your tongue somehow or are a bit rundown. It is nothing.

I have had all kinds of weird stuff with my mouth and tongue over the years - I still have a small lump on my lip which is benign and has been there for 10 years now, weird patches on my tongue that come and go, mouth ulcers, etc. and I am still here!

Salt water washes and mouthwash are very good for helping calm down a sore mouth. Give it a try.

Try not to ruin your holiday by worrying about something you REALLY don't have anything to worry about. Go and have a nice time. x:hugs:

LF87
05-10-13, 18:18
Thank you so much for your replies, they mean a lot! I'll try not to worry too much. I just hate that it's there, can't stop looking at it and touching it. Thank you for replying x