PDA

View Full Version : so anxiouse?

tricia56
05-10-13, 13:30
hi I suffer with anxiety 24/7 and just want to ask if anyway can relate to my problem as I don't see my children or grandchildren very much and to day my daughter has came up to see me with her children but for some reason I very anxiouse because they are here and im happy they have come up as I love them dearly but why am I feeling the way I do because they are here surely I shouldn't be so anxouse because they are here is this normal to feel like this and if any one can give me any advice on how to over come this or is it normal to feel this way thk you

debs71
05-10-13, 13:52
Hi tricia56,

I can totally relate to your anxiety and feelings.

I experience the exact thing. It is a very weird, scary thing I know, and very hard to understand in our own heads, especially when it is with people we know well/family we love, etc. and people we should be the most comfortable with.

I think personally that this has something to do with a change in our routines, or an event that normally doesn't happen, something out of the ordinary setting off our anxiety. It is like we have become calm and comfortable within our 'normal day', and then anything that disrupts that triggers the anxiety.

I usually get this when I have to do anything that I ordinarily don't do - like an appointment of some kind, or travelling somewhere on holiday, or meeting up with family....anything like that.

It automatically triggers my anxiety. It is baffling, I know.

I think this is a normal part of anxiety. I have never researched it, or why it should occur. I just have accepted it as being a part of being an anxious person.

I know it is hard when you are in the middle of those feelings, with your family there, but try if you can to just stay occupied with your family, and push those thoughts to the back of your mind. Normality, and not feeding the anxiety helps it to calm down.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone with this odd anxiety. x:hugs:

jill
05-10-13, 13:54
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I know how hard this is for you right now.:hugs: Panic/anxiety is the hardest thing I have ever had to learn about (and still learning) what was just as important was to learn about myself and how I was thinking.

Of course its normal for you to feel anxious, after all, its what you have at this present moment it time, isn't it? So WHY does it surprise you that you have anxiety right now? you said yourself you have anxiety 24/7.

I found that in situations like this (like yours ) I would over think, put far to much importance on how I felt, questioned how I felt and why.

I had to learn how to change my attitude towards anxiety in certain situations, take the surprise out of it, so to speak. STOP questioning why its there and just let it be there.

I know it is DAME hard to function when you have anxiety all the time, BUT, this is the challenge, to let it be there and carry on anyway, to change thought proses and tell Mrs anxiety its ok, she can be there, reassure yourself, you have anxiety right now, that is why its there and NO other reason, BUT THAT reason. Tell yourself that in time YOU WILL sort things out.

For now hun, try and learn how to take the surprise out of your anxiety,

What you are going through is normal hun :hugs:

PLEASE don't be to hard on yourself

Hope this has helped,

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XX