PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Stroke/TIA

Scottishladdie
05-10-13, 15:47
Hi All,

Been using this site to calm me down before but I am now panicking and could do with some reassurance.

Last week (Tuesday) I was lying in bed and I had a rather sudden and painful headache localised on the right of my head, like a big electric shock, which went away instantly.

At the weekend, my left leg felt tingly and cold at times but not all the time.

A few days ago I noticed that my right arm, shoulder and face felt strange (weak/tingly/pins and needles). My face felt like it was tight on the right, almost as if it was on fire (around my check, my mouth and my eye) and up to my head (where the pain struck the week before).

Two days ago, my vision started to go blurry and I went to the eye hospital who did a full test except a vision field test and diagnosed me with Adie's pupil (one pupil larger than the other). My vision seems better now.

Today, my arm is still weak and my grip is not hugely less than my left.

I've also been feeling a bit clumsy and confused. Today, the Dr prescribed me some Diazepam and referred me to a Neurologist (most likely to cover his own back).

I'm worried I'm having a stroke, but trying to remain objective and reassuring myself it's likely just symptoms of bad health anxiety.

Has anyone else has any similar symptoms (arm very weak feeling, face on fire etc)?

AnotherNewYear
06-10-13, 17:02
Hi Scottish

I am not a doctor and therefore not able to give medical advice, however yes I have had these symptoms before and know they are symptoms of anxiety.

They are scary (and after your precautionary Neurologist appointment) try and ignore them - they do go if you dont pay them any attention

ANY

Scottishladdie
07-10-13, 17:52
Thanks ANY,

So, as at right now my arms feel the same (thank goodness!) and my face feels the same.

Now, it's just my eye that's all blurry (along with some annoying floaters), as well as some tinnitus and a strange pressure-like headache on the right hand side of my head (it has been suggested the ear, eye and pressure could be a migraine that is refusing to go away).

I'm doing well to ignore things, but will be much happier once I've had a check over.

Fingers are crossed!!

John