PDA

View Full Version : Hello (not very original, but there you go...)

lempicka
05-10-13, 17:03
Hi - I've just found this site and joined the forum, having struggled with anxiety on and off for a large part of my adult life (am now 40).

Sometimes it kind of 'bubbles along' all the time, but I can cope with it - including all the unpleasant symptoms - but then occasionally, and seemingly without warning, it spirals out of control and I feel like a trap door has opened underneath me. I then find it exhausting to function normally (although I always manage to somehow) and I get suicidal feelings, and the most horrible, grinding, relentless anxiety about what the future holds. Then, more often than not, I'm lost to it for days at a time. All I can think of is that I want to die to escape it, and the horrible future I've mapped out for myself.

Following a big family argument (still unresolved after more than a year - a cause of much of my present anxiety) - I went on Citalopram, and have just finished a course of CBT for Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I've found the CBT really helpful, but putting it into practice when I feel like I've lost control is very hard! I really want to make it work though.

Anyway, I really want to control my anxiety - I've spent so much time trying to avoid it/lessen it/run away from it - and it's wasted so much energy that I could have spent doing something more productive and less 'inside myself'.

I hope everyone on here finds the help they need to beat this stupid, wasteful condition!

Tx

MRS STRESS ED
05-10-13, 17:23
:welcome:there is lots of help and support here

Mark13
05-10-13, 20:50
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.