PDA

View Full Version : need help with anxiety and medicine

samxo22
05-10-13, 20:06
hi everyone. im samantha. im 17 and i suffer from generalized anxiety and health anxiety as well as panic attacks. i need some help or advice. i started taking 10mg celexa about 2 years ago and it was a miracle worker for me until about 4 months ago when it lost its effect and my anxiety came back full force. i went to my doctor who upped my dosage to 20mg of celexa. this made me really sick and made me have horrible attacks and caused me to vomit a lot. i then was switched to 10mg lexapro about a month and a half ago. about 4 weeks later it still wasnt working so i went up to 15mg. i dont feel any better. if anything i feel worse. i keep going downhill. i had to switch to homeschooling because my anxiety at school was so bad. i go to therapy once a week which helps a little but not much. i am constantly having racing thoughts and obsessing over my anxiety and my health. i often find myself worrying about worrying. im ALWAYS tired. i dont go anywhere, and if i do i have to take a 4th of a .25 mg xanax. i was prescribed those along with the lexapro to take as needed. and i cant go anywhere without taking some because the physical symptoms are horrible. i get really shakey and i feel like im on the brink of passing out. i also find it hard to control my breathing. im terrified of passing out. my therapist suggested that i switch to Zoloft. has anyone been on zoloft? i just need HELP! i cant go to a psychiatrist because none of them take my insurance. will i have bad withdrawals switching from my 15mg lexapro to zoloft? will it help? please reply!

bibliophilic
05-10-13, 20:17
Oh Samantha, I'm so sorry to hear about the anxiety you've been having--sounds like it has completely taken your life over. I've suffered from the same for many years (I'm only 25 so you do the math!) and I found a few things that help me. First of all, I didn't like Lexapro or Zoloft but I do love Prozac. On Prozac, I feel outgoing and fearless. In fact, if I take caffeine with it, I feel almost giddy. I stopped taking the Prozac because it did give me some tummy problems (acid reflux stuff--easily managed but I grew tired of it). Now I just take .5 Klonopin as needed, which I love. I mainly need it for social situations or when my head and heart are racing and I think too much.

I hope you find a medication combo that works for you, sugar. If you have any other questions or want to chat, feel free to message me. I don't know what part of the US you're in but I'm in Pennsylvania so if you're in this area and need help finding other doctors, I'd be happy to help. Take care!

samxo22
05-10-13, 22:40
please reply yall!