PDA

View Full Version : Dr.Google and his nurses!

Kez_miller
05-10-13, 22:30
Hi guys, i was a bit silly and posted a question on Yahoo answers.

My question was about my eating, every time i eat, i get a rock hard stomach and a hoarse voice and also a non painful uncomfortable feeling in my chest, and someone answered saying i might have cancer which as sent me into an absolute anxiety induced panic!

anyone any idea what i have and should i be worried?

nomorepanic
05-10-13, 22:33
Sounds more like indigestion to me.

Don't use Yahoo answers lol

debs71
05-10-13, 22:35
Hi Kez,

Just a wee word of advice - though I know it is after the fact, don't EVER bother posting a serious question on Yahoo Q and A's.....most of the time all you ever get is a load of idiot trolls who just love to put the frighteners on you by saying absolutely STUPID, HORRIBLE stuff like that to you.

That site is full of morons.

It is far more likely that you are having some anxiety induced gastric issues. It sounds more likely to be something like acid reflux/heartburn/indigestion. Antacids will help with that.

Pay no attention to the fool who mentioned the 'C' word. :hugs:

Kez_miller
05-10-13, 23:24
thanks guys, would it affect my breathing as well because although i seem to breathing okay, i keep feeling the need to take a deep breath n cant always get it?

ankietyjoe
05-10-13, 23:40
I suffer from reflux and the main symptoms are bloating, hoarse crispy voice, chest and rib pains and difficulty breathing. The breathing issue feels like I have to clear my throat and can't take a full breath.

Kez_miller
05-10-13, 23:42
I suffer from reflux and the main symptoms are bloating, hoarse crispy voice, chest and rib pains and difficulty breathing. The breathing issue feels like I have to clear my throat and can't take a full breath.

i can't tell you how much that makes me feel better!!! them symptoms are exactly what i get, the occasional pain in the ribs, constant hoarse voice, breathing problems in which feels like its more in the throat. thank god! i can relax a little now! thank you so much!

ankietyjoe
05-10-13, 23:47
I found it best to try and identify what foods cause the worst reactions as constant antacids come with their own issues (nausea and tiredness) and I didn't get along with PPI's too well. Well not yet at least as I'm still experimenting with different pills.

For me sadly, it's salad and raw fruit/veg that seem to cause the most issues, particularly onion, tomato and citrus fruits so if you eat a lot of those maybe try avoiding them and seeing if it makes a difference, and then eating a lot and then seeing if it makes it worse.

unsure_about_this
06-10-13, 16:07
Please take Nomorepanic advice and others don't use yahoo answers. I hold my hands up and have use and read it a number of times various different questions, but not asked about have I got cancer on yahoo answers.
However I do use google a lot in the past, but have slipped back over the last month bad as ever reading sites, checking symptoms of different types of cancer etc.

catherineinky
11-10-13, 17:46
seriously? a 12 year old probably answered your question! My feelings with Googling is half the people are suffering from health anxiety or making stuff up. Do not google.