PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England ocd anxiety

digta
06-10-13, 08:48
Hi all.
I have read so much on here that has helped me. At times I feel crippled by OCD and ANXIETY that I don't want to leave the house. I'm 35 now and want, need to change. any help would me most appreciated. :)

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 09:00
Hi digta, have you seen anyone for your anxiety and odd, do you have family who you can talk to, the first step to getting better is to talk about what's getting you down. You can always pm me if you need to talk.

digta
06-10-13, 09:09
Hi dancing frog! I finally went to the Doctors and told them I think I have OCD (I know I do)

Looking back it has been with me from a small child. So many things - I don't know where to start. I remember as a child I had to check all the switches were off, cooker, say good night to my parents over and over again and If I didn't say I loved you, they would die. That's were it all began... :weep:

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 09:12
Well now you know where it began and triggers etc you can work on eliminating those to get better. My choking phobia is obsessive so I know how hard it is to combat those thought, but I am putting my all into getting better and it sounds as if you are ready to do that too. Any problems feel free to talk, I am in the chat room now if you need someone!

digta
06-10-13, 09:25
Thank you dancingfrog :D I cant get into the chat for some reason. Irrational thoughts are were I am at now :weep:

dancingfrog
06-10-13, 09:27
Check you have java enabled on your internet preferences as mine would not work until I did that. Irrational thoughts are a big problem for me also, what do you try to do at the moment to combat those fears?

digta
06-10-13, 09:39
will do :)
I first got satisfaction by realising that this is not my mind, its my OCD talking.

Then I sort of try exposure techniques, its hard but is really helping

I've been reading a lot but, it is early days for me. I hope you find a way to control, accept yours as OCD not you :)

Kim51
06-10-13, 12:02
Thank you dancingfrog :D I cant get into the chat for some reason. Irrational thoughts are were I am at now :weep:

Hi you have to be a member for a few days before you can use the chat room, I think it's five. :welcome: to NMP

Rennie1989
06-10-13, 13:15
Digta

You may not be able to access the chat room until you've been a member for a certain time period (it may be a week, two weeks or a month, they often change the time length).

Welcome to the forums!

digta
07-10-13, 05:50
Hi Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 04:50 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Thanks. Have a great week :)