PDA

View Full Version : Bug incubation?? advice please

N206
07-07-04, 15:24
hi guys.
im totally freaking out, my sister came home lastnight and had a diahorrea bug. i hadnt seen her all day and briefly saw her monday. she was ill all evening last night and into the night too. shes ok today,but shes home.

im so so worried i might get it. how long does it take b4 i cud get it, or should i be ok cos i hadnt seen her until she started being ill then i had no contact.
ive been washing my hands everytime i touch anything and wont go in the bathroom incase germs are in the air.
im so panicking i might get ill.
Need some advice please..

x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

charliesanangel
07-07-04, 16:14
it takes approx 48-72 hours
But most bugs like that that only last a day are caused by something we ate and the chance of you catching it it slim i really would not worry about it x

N206
07-07-04, 17:01
when do you normally catch it??days or hours before shes ill?? Is she contagious still?
im sorry, im just freaking out!

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

charliesanangel
07-07-04, 17:10
like i said before with her only having it a day its most proberbly something she ate it would be something she had anything between 12-72 hours earlier and its not contaigous from food you really should not worry over this x

Laurie28
08-07-04, 08:59
Hiya,

You are being an anxiety sufferer and worrying, all of us have specific things we get anxious about you just so happen to think you are going to catch bugs from people and dwell on it.

My advice would be to stop doing anything in excess to stop yourself getting these 'bugs'. Don't excessively wash your hands or avoid people etc as this will make the problem worse. If you try to carry on as 'normal' your subconscius will (eventually) realize that it is an 'irrational' fear and slowly you will not dwell so much on it.
By excessively washing your hands you are telling your subconscious that if you didn't do these things you would have caught the bug and therefore your subconcious will pick up on it the next time something comes up (ie someone else ill etc) and you will get caught in a vicious circle

I know it is very difficult when these fears take hold but you must try.
Have you read the first steps to panic page (written by meg) do you take an multivitamins, exercise etc (i know exercise may be difficult with your low food intake)

Take care
Lucky