PDA

View Full Version : depression

jenny1987
06-10-13, 22:42
hiya my names jenny ive been on and off anti depressants for 2years i have been on citalopram for 6months 10mg then 20mg i started feeling like i had a cloud on my head i go to college and i could not concentrate i wanted to have naps daily and i could not take that feeling of not being able to think any more so i took matters into my own hands and stopped taking them 4days without them and i have no cloud on my head but i feel really dizzy and sick ,,, i dont want to take them anymore they make me feel like a zombie ,, has anyone else done this ? i do regret it in a way and i am tempted to have one but i dont want to mess up my body anymore then i have ... i am hoping it gets better :) fingers crossed

Sparkle1984
07-10-13, 13:20
Welcome to the forums Jenny. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

We can't give medical advice here so if you are having problems with your meds your first port of call is your doctor. I know from reading people's posts on this site that some people find escitalopram easier to tolerate than citalopram. Until you can see your doctor, I'd suggest staying on your prescribed dose as your doctor may want you to taper off or cross-taper to a different med which may suit you better. Hope this helps.

Annie0904
07-10-13, 13:24
Hi Jenny, welcome to NMP