PDA

View Full Version : Scared to exercise

fruity
07-10-13, 08:17
i do walk to work and back & sometimes walk back from my other job. but i need to tone up. i,ve got some small girly weights but feel im not motivated to even pick them up & my stomachs flabby but again not motivated to do stomach exercises. deep down it boils down to 5 years ago when my anxiety started. and since then i,ve been to scared to do anything too much. just incase i collapse,die,heart attack ect... when i know deep down it,s what i need to tone me up. and realy don,t think anything will happen. but just can,t seem to get it out my head. i might just take baby steps then when i feel confidennt then take a step up.

cpe1978
07-10-13, 09:27
Dont be scared to exercise. In terms of things that benefit you physically (or causes the greatest negative impact). Exercise is even more significant that not smoking in terms of living a healthy and long life.

jill
07-10-13, 12:32
Hi hun :D:hugs:

When we are acute, one of the main symptoms is thought pattens, we develop a habit of over thinking things, this is very common with panic/anxiety.

Why don't you try and make exercise FUN, eg the wee, use this with other people.

You can buy things which will tone your tummy and you can watch tv at the same time. I have a little round disk which I bought from BM shop, it was only £2.99p, you stand on it and twist around, it works on you tummy and waist, you can do this while distracting yourself by watching tv, this tones you up, or you can buy a hooler hoop.:shades:

Cut down in your calorie and fat intake and use all above and YOU WILL loose that tum :yesyes::yesyes: :yahoo:

PLEASE hun, Make it fun, and YOU WILL get there in the end

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

fruity
08-10-13, 06:00
Dont be scared to exercise. In terms of things that benefit you physically (or causes the greatest negative impact). Exercise is even more significant that not smoking in terms of living a healthy and long life.
Thank you to both replys.

jared
08-10-13, 06:37
i do walk to work and back & sometimes walk back from my other job. but i need to tone up. i,ve got some small girly weights but feel im not motivated to even pick them up & my stomachs flabby but again not motivated to do stomach exercises. deep down it boils down to 5 years ago when my anxiety started. and since then i,ve been to scared to do anything too much. just incase i collapse,die,heart attack ect... when i know deep down it,s what i need to tone me up. and realy don,t think anything will happen. but just can,t seem to get it out my head. i might just take baby steps then when i feel confidennt then take a step up.

Remember that your heart WANTS to keep beating, it WANTS to stay in rhythm. It also wants you to help pep it up so it's not sad all of the time.

Anxiety can make you believe the increase in heart rate is going to kill you but the opposite is true; the more you exercise the better your heart will become, and I've made it a real success in timing how long it takes my heart rate to get down to resting/ambient rate after exercise! It reassures me that my heart is in great shape yet and I have nothing to worry about. Generally after a hard workout it should be back down to your normal rate within 5 minutes (considering you're not panicking or worried). Mine decreases by about 30 bpm within the first 2 minutes which is an excellent sign. It helps me to realize the chest pains I have are NOT cardiac - and that would keep me just frozen in fear all the time. It was debilitating. I can now go on to assume that it's probably Costochondritis or some other nerve issue that's causing it, as my symptoms are much more consistent with those types of things.

I say do whatever you can do comfortably - if it's only walking a few blocks a day before you get freaked, then do that. But push yourself a little at a time, and eventually work your way up to a good regimen. You'll be surprise how quick your heart worries will disappear because you'll then have facts to support your beliefs that you ARE doing something, and that's a step in the right direction. :yesyes: