PDA

View Full Version : Eebie Jeebies Awaiting Going Out!

AuntieMoosie
07-10-13, 10:21
I hate this!!

It's much worse than the doing of it!

I feel shaky, wobbly, jelly legs, dry mouth and the works :wacko:

I know I can do it, and I know I'll be just fine, so why this stupid bit before I go ??

I feel I'm going to have to do lots of work on anticipation anxiety, oh well, let's go, one foot in front of the other :winks:

Kells81
07-10-13, 10:30
I know exactly how you feel and you are totally right-the anticipation is much worse than actually going out.

You will be fine and enjoy yourself-where is it you are going?

I try and visualise where I am going and I imagine my face and the smile on it when I get to the place.

Just remember......it is just anxiety and won't hurt me, it is just anxiety and won't hurt me, it is just anxiety it won't hurt me..

Xxxx :hugs:

kittikat
07-10-13, 10:56
Isn't it just the worst, damn anticipatory anxiety :lac:

You will do just great Auntiemoosie, just keep telling yourself that ;)

Good luck hun xxx

AuntieMoosie
07-10-13, 12:22
Thank you Kells and Kittikat :hugs:

I'm home now and it all went so smoothly :yesyes:

I only went to the doctors for my diabetes checks and bloods and stuff Kells, but I did manage to stop at some shops on the way home and do a little shopping, which I enjoyed very much apart from the little one who was screaming his head off at the top of his voice..........that vibrated right through to my brain!! :wacko:

It is the worst Kittikat isn't it?? and so silly when we end up being perfectly ok one's we're doing it, I'm going to study anticipatory anxiety and see if I can get a better handle on it :hugs:

Annie0904
07-10-13, 12:56
Auntie Moosie, I wish I could get rid of this anticipatory anxiety. I get so anxious every time I go out but I know I am usually fine when I get there so why do I keep worrying? Maybe we will have to share tips and work on this one together :D

Spot-the-frog
07-10-13, 19:03
If you find any hints and tips on anticipatory anxiety please share them, it is the pits!

kittikat
07-10-13, 19:10
Aww, well done Auntie...I knew you'd do it :yesyes: and shops too, wow, you must be so proud of yourself!!

Keep up the good work and lots of love to you :hugs: xx

Annie0904
07-10-13, 19:10
My counsellor told me to think of the worst that could happen and the best that could happen. What would I do if the worst happened and what are the chances compared to the best things that could happen. Also to visualise myself in the best situation having a great time, walking in the room or wherever.

almamatters
07-10-13, 19:33
I know these feelings only too well Auntie , but very well done on your achievement today. :) xxx

Kim51
07-10-13, 19:47
Well done auntie on getting there especially the shops :D sometimes I think anticipatory anxiety is worse than having a panic attack, I have been suffering with it last few days and it's so exhausting :bighug1:

AuntieMoosie
07-10-13, 20:24
Thank you so much all :hugs:

It seems that it's a very common problem then doesn't it?..........but........what do we do about it? that's the question :wacko:

Annie that's a great idea, maybe if we all try and study it a bit and then share what we've found out, and, share what we've found that helps, that would be real good for all of us I think :hugs:

debs71
07-10-13, 21:04
Great stuff, Auntie M! You battled it and won!:hugs:

It really does suck, the ruddy anticipatory anxiety. :mad: xxxx

AuntieMoosie
07-10-13, 22:41
Thank you Debs :)

We will conquer it though hun :hugs:

steveo
08-10-13, 09:39
I know what you're feeling! I'm just about to leave the house to go to the dentist!! We can do it Moosie :)

xxx

Bonnibelle
08-10-13, 13:53
Well done. I know how you feel, I go exactly the same when I have to go to an appointment. Well done you for getting through it so well. You should be really proud of yourself xx

Tessar
08-10-13, 14:11
you did well Auntie, very well. If a little one was screaming it would have gone through my head too!! This anticipation thing..... i can relate to that. OK, for me I'd get it not so much because i am going out but if I am about to go to the doctor or dentist then it would happen. Or if i do something way outside my comfort zone like i'm doing on thursday (getting on a plane). You're good though as its not stopped you. If you can still get out & about I guess that's the key.

Cathy67
22-02-14, 14:10
Auntie Moosie, I wish I could get rid of this anticipatory anxiety. I get so anxious every time I go out but I know I am usually fine when I get there so why do I keep worrying? Maybe we will have to share tips and work on this one together :D

I am exactly the same, had it years, often get an upset stomach as well, Imodium is my best friend! I try to think of all the many times I've done the same thing I'm about to do and what happened, ie, nothing, it was perfectly fine!

DEREKG
18-03-14, 14:42
I don't think I knew that anticipatory anxiety was so common. I thought it was just me lol. Well done, Aunty and keep at it!