PDA

View Full Version : My parents keep claming i am self centered for wanting to improve

JCRyanDenton
07-10-13, 19:34
My mother is freaking out about her ill mother right now. I keep begging my mother to do things that i need to happen to improve my mood since i have been in this state for 7 years. But she takes forever to do half of the things i ask and now i am getting incredibly desperate to lower my anxiety and depression, shes accusing me of thinking about myself all the damn time and not caring about her. I have had enough of needing to care for others all the time, i want to have some fun for once, but nope. Have to think of others all the time when everyone around me treats me like my life is normal despite being mostly in two rooms for the majority of my life right now.

I am forcing myself to write since i need a purpose in my life, but these people aren't allowing me to have more in my life right now. Its scary to me remaining like this forever. I want to write this novel but i can't with this ****ing stress jabbing pitchforks at the back of my head all the time. My mother always uses excuses for why i can't have fun or go to long distance places. "Its full of trash" "I need to look after the dog/mother" "Its too expensive" "I will look into it tomorrow". Half of the shit she does for me is after begging for a really long time.

MY father is a bore who doesn't give a crap about my feelings, he doesn't even care when im feeling depressed.

tacoqueen1993
09-10-13, 05:36
you should probably take matters into your own hands and go see a counselor and seek mental professional help. The only one who is going to look after you is yourself. You need to worry about you because if you don't have your health you don't have anything. That doesn't make you selfish, If anything that makes you brave enough to admit that you have a problem and need help. your parents aren't dealing with it right way.

harasgenster
09-10-13, 08:03
I agree, it sounds like you need to take matters into your own hands by seeing a doctor and doing what you can to get well. It sounds like your parents may not be empathising or validating your emotions, which is very unhelpful, but sometimes this can happen when people have a lot on their mind (such as your grandmother's illness).

What kind of things is it you feel your parents could do to help and how are you currently making your feelings known? When you say you are unable to have fun, do you feel you have too much responsibility in the home?