PDA

View Full Version : another day of worrying

bigh123
08-10-13, 14:43
last night felt really sick , most of today to and in sure its because I've got important things going on over next to days and my fears revolve around getting sick and not being able to do what i need to .

to top it off a woman grabbed my arm in a shop today because if my tattoos i then noticed she had school age kids with her so now in panicking theyve been sick and now shed given it to me . The kids high fives the shop keeper to who then handled my stuff .

i washed my arms and hands as soon as i got back to work . I hate being like this

on a plus note i did my questinare yesterday for the people who are going to chat to me tommorow . IM hoping they can help me

Andria24
08-10-13, 15:04
Hey Big :)

Assuming you're getting help and support for your anxiety, it's good that you're still getting out there and facing the world. You're doing ok, really :)

bigh123
08-10-13, 16:07
yeah i have kids and a mortgage so i work but just seem to worry the whole time . IM on the path to recieving help its just taken me a while to realise i need it

Andria24
08-10-13, 16:19
Any idea why the worries? It started somewhere I guess. And good to hear you're getting sorted.

NoPoet
08-10-13, 18:36
I hate to be blunt about this, but health anxiety represents the fear of death. My wholehearted advice is to speak to your therapist if you've got one, or try to get in touch with a therapist who can help you tackle this fear. With health anxiety, the way to come through it is to deal with your fear of death so that it no longer affects your life. An in-built fear of death is what keeps us alive, but remember there is life BEFORE death :)

bigh123
08-10-13, 21:23
id agree i fear death but death doesn't play on my mind day in day out like the worry of getting sickness bugs does . I know it seems a bit of a silly fear when its something that's over in a couple of days but it consumes my mind continually.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

and tonight ive ended up with an upset stomach so now my minds ticking incase i get sickness . As for therapy im having a phone consultation tommorow as I've only just told the dr what's been going on