PDA

View Full Version : Ice Pack

jo-jo
07-07-04, 16:29
Haven't actually tried this myself yet but just recently when was I telling the check in lady at the airport that I suffered from panic, she said that holding a small ice pack or cube of ice on the back of your neck can help reduce the symptoms. Love to hear from anyone who has had a go at this one ...

Jo :)

sarah
07-07-04, 22:32
Hiya Jo

Thanks for the tip...definately worth a try.

Maybe its because its so cold that you focus on that instead of your panic???

love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

sal
07-07-04, 23:37
Hi Jo

Never heard of that one but then again, been in an airport and checking people in she will have seen the worst case senarios. Worth a try nothing to lose have we.

I will definately try it, hope you do to.

Love Sal xxxxxxx:)

Even your darkest hour only last 60 minutes!!

Sal xxxxx

Rennie1989
08-07-04, 10:10
hiya jo

good idea, ill have to try it wen i get home from SKOOOL

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

charliesanangel
08-07-04, 10:13
Well last night i was panicking cos my nosebleed wouldnt stop and i remembered what you said about the ice so i asked hubby to get me some from the kitchen in he walks with this huge pile of ice in a tea towel and puts it on my neck now not sure if it was the coldness on my neck or the hand full he dropped down the back of my top =o/ it certainly helped, seemed to stop panicking instantly lol

Meg
08-07-04, 16:16
Do you often have nose bleeds ? Ice would have helped that too..

Meg

Caz Fab Pants
08-07-04, 21:23
I've not tried ice but I do find that if I'm in bad panic I feel better if I put something cold, like a can of drink out the fridge, on the back of my neck.

I also find putting your wrists under a cold tap can make you feel slightly better, something to do with pulse points or something?!

Caroline
x

charliesanangel
09-07-04, 09:25
Ive suffered with nosebleeds since i was a kid meg there just a normal day to day thing now i just got all worked up cos it took over 30 mins to stop

Meg
09-07-04, 16:23
Have you been for a ENT referral to get the offending blood vessel assessed and cauterized ?

Meg

charliesanangel
09-07-04, 17:01
Had it done twice hun

Meg
09-07-04, 17:17
with little effect it seems ....

Meg