PDA

View Full Version : Twitchy eye :(

Gee
08-10-13, 16:52
So I have twitchy eye, it's driving me crazy - is it a neuro disease symptom ?
My eyebrow also has this sore spot like when a spot feels like it's coming bruised or whatever but it's been like that a week now :(

What the hell with everything else, burning dead arms fuzzy head I can't accept anxiety but the doc says I have to cos I've had all the tests :(

purgatory
08-10-13, 16:58
Hi Gee,

Twitching around the eye seems to be a very common thing with anxiety I think you find it comes from tension in the muscles from things like jaw clenching.

is it a neuro disease symptom ?
I very much doubt that

Everything you have said points to Anxiety

Gee
08-10-13, 17:36
I'm sure I've read it's related to MS but I refuse to google!
I have a burning spot on my head too :(

doodlemerchant
08-10-13, 17:50
I know it's hard but try not to worry. I've had an eye twitch come and go several times over the years due to anxiety and stress - as purgatory says it's quite common. I'm sure it will go once you start to feel better and less anxious. All the best x

pacer
08-10-13, 17:56
Twitchy eyes are irritating but not usually a symptom of anything. I get this from time to time, sometimes for a few days constantly. It's annoying and can make me anxious if it goes on for a long time but honestly it's nothing to worry about.

Gee
08-10-13, 18:23
What about the burning :( my thighs are burning now too ahhh makes me wana scream!

kirstyg
08-10-13, 19:21
Ithink i can help you on this! I had a twitching eye and sore eyebrow for over a week then went to a doctod. I was terrified! Doc said it was a multitude of things that caused it. Lack of sleep being the main cause, stress and using smart phones/tablet computer alot. I didnt look at my phone for 24 hours (no googling symptoms or playing candy crush saga!!) And although i struggle with sleeping, i had a warm milk (natural supply of melatonin which tells our brain its sleepy time!) And headed to bed with a magazine. The twitching was less often over the next 2 days then completely gone. No meds and no terrible disease.
Hope this advice helps you xx

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Oh and the burning headaches went away too ..... it was due to the tension caused by the twitching muscle and me panicking about it. I have MS in the family and eye twitching has never been a sympton i have seen with it. Try to relax and sleep!!!

Emphyrio
08-10-13, 19:24
I've had a twitchy eye when withdrawing from antidepressants. I guess there could be a number of reasons behind it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

roberto1
08-10-13, 20:45
Hey
I get twitchy eyes a lot, usually in my right eye.
Mines is caused my stress or looking at screen for long times.
If you're using screen make sure you're well ventilated and in a lot of light, take breaks also..If it's down to stress/anxiety and comes on when you think about it, what i do is relax in a comfortable position and keep my eyes closed.
Also drink plenty water..
As for MS, it can affect your nervous system in different ways, my father has eye, hearing, speach.. but I very much doubt it is signs of MS based on a twitchy eye alone.
Get your eyes tested if it continues to bother you.

Gee
08-10-13, 23:22
I've had a million symptoms that I think all relate to it but I'm just hoping it's not - I has burning skin on my legs earlier and I thought no I'm not going to lie here worrying I'm going to the fair with my friend and low and behold there 5 min and it was gone - I hope that means it's anxiety and not just a conicidence!

Jmcd
15-10-13, 16:38
Gee thats awesome. Went to the fair for 5 minutes and it was gone. Let me guess, it was waiting for you when you got home (on your own, time to think, time to worry!). I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Twitchy eye, burning limbs, pounding heart.

Here's one thing ive tried recently that helped. Pick a part of your body that is 'fine' ie. not burning or painful. Now concentrate on it. I bet you can make it 'burn' or at least give an uncomfortable sensation. When I try it I also sometimes realise I forgot my other symptoms. This kind of assures me it's a mental issue that over time I will learn to live with, until the day I forget about it altogether.

Even while writing this, my eye has stopped twitching! (And just started again now cos I remembered about it!)

Gee
15-10-13, 18:24
Hahahaha yeh I know what u mean and YES I do that concentrate in it thing to and I know what you mean but then the things that bring me down is when the symptoms hit me from nowhere or I have a new one!!!

Jmcd
15-10-13, 23:39
Yup that gets me down too. And to be honest is why I joined this site today, so I can talk to people going through the same thing. It's not nice especially when you think you finally cracked it then something else comes along. As soon as it does, post it on here and you'll find loads of people have the same 'Problem'. At least that's my plan anyway!