PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Groin Lymph Nodes had over a year

kimballs
08-10-13, 17:41
Hi to you all, please help! I just need to find out that people can feel lymph nodes in there groin and be nothing wrong. I have at least 7/8 each side and about 1 cm and smaller, Been able to feel them for, well over a year now, Been to 3 private gp's and all said they feel normal, I cant go back to my own doctor as she thinks I'am MAD.Iv'e had antibiotics to try and take them down but didn;t work PLEASE HELP let me know if anyone can feel there's I've had no really illness in the past and never had a STD in my life all ive ever done is shave every day since i was 16yrs iam now 36 woman thanks:weep:

Andria24
08-10-13, 17:58
Hey there Kim - first of all welcome :)

Second - shaving and STDs aside, you've been checked, you've had medication. You're ok, you just need to believe it. Are you being treat for anxiety?

almamatters
08-10-13, 18:58
Hi I have had swollen nodes now for over a year, I used to be panic stricken about them but after having numerous doctors check them and blood tests to rule out sinister causes , I now have to believe my GP that they are ok and try to ignore them. I have 2 in the groin area and 3 behind my left ear , I probably have more, but am trying not to look for them! My GP told me that they can spot a sinister node a mile off, so I would try and trust what they have told you. Take Care.

Andria24
08-10-13, 19:05
I've had lymph nodes raise up in the past - one time I was plain old sick as a dog and they came out in sympathy or some such. I do remember some convoluted tale about white blood cells and how the lymphatic system works ... not really what I wanted to hear but my doctor was such a lovely fella.

Anyway - have you been diagnosed with anything realted to the anxiety that you're experiencing?

kimballs
08-10-13, 19:44
No, my Doctor is not that helpful my bloods are fine, it;s just knowing I can feel a few each side, I saw on a website that lymphnoma does'nt show up in your blood :weep:

Andria24
08-10-13, 19:53
Ok well is there a possibility you can change your doc. You're entitled to feel listened to and cared for.