PDA

View Full Version : Started my group relaxation class today

Hayley1982
08-10-13, 19:09
Today had my first session at my group relaxation class. I woke up thinking I can't do it, there's noway I'm guna get there. Had a cup of tea thought to myself everyone is going to be feeling the same as me I can do it. Got there about 15 mins early and someone was there early to so we chatted which was nice. We all than went in for the start of the group, we were told we each were going to introduce ourselves and say an interesting fact about ourselves, at this point I thought I'm guna panic I wanna run (I have social anxiety) but I didn't run I stayed with it. We were than told to have a 5 min chat with the person next to us and find out something we have in common. I was really shakey but I did it. I come out of there feeling proud and think this is going to help my confidence aswell as my anxiety xx

almamatters
08-10-13, 19:28
Today had my first session at my group relaxation class. I woke up thinking I can't do it, there's noway I'm guna get there. Had a cup of tea thought to myself everyone is going to be feeling the same as me I can do it. Got there about 15 mins early and someone was there early to so we chatted which was nice. We all than went in for the start of the group, we were told we each were going to introduce ourselves and say an interesting fact about ourselves, at this point I thought I'm guna panic I wanna run (I have social anxiety) but I didn't run I stayed with it. We were than told to have a 5 min chat with the person next to us and find out something we have in common. I was really shakey but I did it. I come out of there feeling proud and think this is going to help my confidence aswell as my anxiety xx

Really well done Hayley, you did great to see it through until the end!! Sounds like this group will be really good for you. :) xx

Annie0904
08-10-13, 19:32
Really pleased to hear this Hayley, well done xx

Hayley1982
08-10-13, 19:34
thanks alma and annie i was really soo scared but glad i went. now i know people next tuesday should be less daunting :) xx