PDA

View Full Version : Operation date 20th November sterilized any advise?

illgetthere
08-10-13, 23:03
So I have the date give to me yesterday I've made up my mind but I don't think I can go thru with it I'm worrying already my daughter's birthday is the 25th she will be 6 I got so much going threw my mind all horrible no surprise there anyone who's had this be nice to get input
Love and best wishes Vicky

illgetthere
09-10-13, 10:16
I have been given my date to be staralized and although I'm not worried about my decision as I no deep down it's the right one I'm feeling pretty scared about the operation and after I've had it done as they have to tell you what can go wrong clots and all those things has anyone had it done and could you give me a little advise
Love and best wishes Vicky

Magic
09-10-13, 10:37
I have had this done a long time ago. I had to stay in hospital over night.
Today it might be different. Things have changed a lot since then, with up to date technology. I was off from work for one week. All was well with me.
Hope all goes well x

AuntieMoosie
09-10-13, 12:06
I was sterilized way back in 1986, I had my fallopian tubes clipped, I went in in the morning and was home by tea time, the only thing I had following the operation, was mild to moderate period pains for a few days, easily put right with normal paracetomol :)

They did put those lovely think, white, sexy stockings on my before I went to theatre which I kept on for a couple of days, but it would be very rare for you to get a blood clot or DVT from this type of surgery as you're up and around so quickly afterwards, it's only people who have to remain in bed for sometime that are at added risk of that :)

You'll be absolutely fine hun, it's a quick and very simple operation that's carried out millions of times a year, recovery is rapid, I was back to life as normal the following day, having 2 young children to look after, I just felt a little sore where the instruments went in, but I was able to carry on life as normal :)

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 16:21
My mum was sterilised after giving birth to my brother. She said it was quick, in and out. You're a little tender afterwards, naturally, but nothing major. It hasn't affected her in the long term, apart from not being able to have any more children.

Kim51
09-10-13, 18:13
Nothing to worry about easiest procedure/operation I have ever had in and out on the same day, as others have said just a bit of tummy pain afterwards. It's such a straight forward thing to have done so don't worry. :bighug1:

illgetthere
07-11-13, 00:36
Thanks for all your reply's it's getting closer I had my pre-op today I have a chest infection at the moment so that might stop it going ahead but I have got time for it to go aswell feeling real nervous about it all x