PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Scotland

Cammy
08-10-13, 23:59
Hey guys, I have very bad health anxiety and it's mainly heart related. I am now on citalopram and I'm on day 14. I still feel very sicky, lack of energy, lack of appetite as well and I really haven't been enjoying life recently. I seem to be distracted by constantly worrying about my health. I feel as if the past year had been an unhappy blur. Should I start feelin the benifits from my medication yet? I am on 20mg. Also I was citalopram for about a month before and I felt great so stopped taking them and a few months later the anxiety creeped back in so restarted but I'm not feeling the effects yet. Hopefully someone can relate and reply?

Thank you :)

Andria24
09-10-13, 05:18
Welcome Cammy :)

I'm not on the same meds but someone will be along that is. You can also look around the site, there's lots of info available.

I'm sure that you're going to find lots of help and support now that you're here :yesyes:

Sparkle1984
09-10-13, 08:50
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I'm on the same meds as you, and in my experience it can take several weeks to feel the benefits. I felt a lot better after 6 to 8 weeks, but it was about 12 weeks before I felt back to my usual self. 1 month sounds like a very short time to stay on these meds the first time round, usually it is recommended to stay on them for at least 6 months. When you're ready to come off, you can talk to your doctor about how to taper off.

Cammy
09-10-13, 17:35
Thanks guys.

Well it has been a tough few months for me and I hope the meds kick in soon. This site has been great so far that's why I joined. :)

MRS STRESS ED
09-10-13, 17:38
:welcome:Cammy there is a lot of help and support here

almamatters
09-10-13, 20:44
Hi just wanted to :welcome: you to the forum. x

greenlady
09-10-13, 21:24
hi cammy..i am from scotland too
gina