PDA

View Full Version : breast cancer scare, freaked out :(

tacoqueen1993
09-10-13, 05:47
I have been terrified of having cancer. I know I am only 20 years old and its uncommon but it runs in my family, and I have an irregular lump. I have an ultrasound tomorrow, and I was supposed to get a biopsy in may so 5 months ago, and i kept putting off terrified of getting the results. My nanny died at 50 after struggling for years, and my best friend growing up died at 15 from a brain tumor, It ended up spreading. I'm really nervous. I'm hoping it non cancerous, and I can just put this all behind me and stop stressing out about this. I went to my last appointment almost a week ago the day i was supposed to get my ultrasound, and the lady at the desk told me i needed the paper from the doctor before i go in for the ultrasound, so i went back home to get, went back to the clinic, and she said i missed my appointment :curse: So ridiculous. I feel like they aren't taking this as serious as they should be. When I was in newmarket (the place before I moved) they made appointments within a day or two, here they make appointments in weeks. I have already gotten many ultrasounds, are they just too lazy to get the files transferred or what. It's embarrassing having strangers touch my breasts, and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I just want a biopsy, and I want the results, Just so I know, and can stop freaking out in my head!!! The thought of loosing all my hair, and being sick and lifeless on a bed terrifies me.

Andria24
09-10-13, 05:58
Taco - it seems your fears have outweighed good sense. This is what happens when we panic. I'm the same. Avoidance huh?! :)

Go for the ultrasound, ensure you make your appointments. I know how you feel about this because I've just had a similar scare and now I need monitoring. I hate it. Everyone tells me I'll be fine etc but you know ...

Anyway - all being well you're going to discover that you've mentally crucified yourself with anxiety over nothing much at all. You can do this. Make sure you've got support and a few people on hand for some reassuring hugs :hugs: