PDA

View Full Version : Am I gonna have a stroke? so scared :(

channie009
09-10-13, 07:30
I've been suffering with neck tension for a few days and couldn't sleep tonight because of it. I thought i'd try some neck pain relieving techniques and now i'm scared that I could have damaged my neck and that I might have a stroke.
I'm so scared and i'm home alone.
Help me, no one else will ::weep:

Annie0904
09-10-13, 08:33
Channie, I am sure the pain will be tension related. Do you have a hot water bottle or a microwavable wheat bag that you could put on your neck to help relax the muscles?

venusbluejeans
09-10-13, 08:35
You are not going to have a stroke at all, the only correlation between the two are people who regularly visit chiropractors to have their necks 'cracked' (very high velocity twist of the neck, which you are in no way able to perform yourself) even then the risk is very very low!

you will be fine!

channie009
09-10-13, 08:38
Annie: I don't have a water bottle or anything I can use for heat :(
Venus: Really? you think so?

venusbluejeans
09-10-13, 08:46
yes I really think so....you ARE NOT going to have a stroke through doing your own neck pain relieving techniques.

channie009
09-10-13, 08:53
Okay thank you :)
I'm feeling a bit better now, its a shame I can't figure out why my arm is cramping and i'd be perfect :(

venusbluejeans
09-10-13, 09:00
you have probably laid on it wrong or something like that. There are very simple reasons behind things but when your brain tells you otherwise then you start to believe the worst.

keep calm and distract yourself from that thought and the cramping and the thoughts should pass

channie009
09-10-13, 09:02
The problem is I had the cramp about an hour before I went to sleep and not at all through the day. I woke up 4 hours later and it was still there. 5 hours since waking up and its still here :s

venusbluejeans
09-10-13, 09:13
Then you have trapped a nerve or pinched a nerve in your arm or shoulder, again nothing to worry about at all.

and again, the more you think about it the worse it will seem. Try to go and do something else to distract yourself and take your mind off it.

channie009
09-10-13, 09:15
Okay, Thank you!!!

venusbluejeans
09-10-13, 09:16
Go and enjoy your day and try not to worry :flowers: