PDA

View Full Version : I don't have anyone...

xBettyBoopx
09-10-13, 13:11
I didn't really know where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I literally am at a loss now as to how the rest of my life is going to play out. I am 56 and have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a kid. Along the way I have picked up several physical problems as well as emotional grief from losing pets and parents.

I have no one at all really. I have a sister who has a huge life and couldn't put herself in my shoes for a single second. Friends turn out to only want me for something and then when I need help or someone to listen to, they are gone. So I am really so alone. I don't have a job, couldn't do one not with all the health problems. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I cry all the time, I am depressed but I won't take anti depressants because they make me feel ill. I pretend to myself all day that I am okay with being alone but to never have any human contact is killing me anyway.

I am so lonely but I suppose I would rather have no one than be used by everyone!

I just needed to tell someone how I feel.

Andria24
09-10-13, 17:04
Awwww Betty ... Where are you? Have you thought about volunteering? That's a good way of making new friends. And you can choose what it is you volunteer to do.

As for meds etc - I take you've tried different ones, doses? And therapy, what have you tried?

I know it's easy for me to say but there's always someone out there that you can build a relationship with. There are 7 billion people on this planet. Probably way more kicking around than is good for poor old planet Earth :)

MRS STRESS ED
09-10-13, 17:16
aww Betty it makes me sad to read this, could you not speak to your sister and tell her how you are feeling ,or as Andria said volunteering would be good if you can manage to do it, that way you would meet people and it will get you out if you ever need a chat please pm me :hugs::hugs:

xBettyBoopx
11-10-13, 00:39
Thank you Andria and Mrs Stress for replying.

I can't do volunteer work as I can't go far from home and I have other physical illnesses. Wish I could do something though! I have tried many anti-depressants over the decades lol!

I just feel so lonely sometimes like I live on a different planet to everyone else!

Thanks again.

Andria24
11-10-13, 06:10
Is there not a befriending scheme or similar in the area? There are lots of charity organisations and community groups Betty, there must be something. Come on ... we can figure this out