PDA

View Full Version : dvla

maximus1975
09-10-13, 13:32
I have droped my dose of diazepam by 10mg a day the less drugs im on whilst still feeling well will give me the best chance of passing the medical is there anyone on here that has passed the medical with a couple of meds for anxiety/depression a lot of my anxiety was health anxiety based as I had really high cholesterol and tryglicerides plus pancretitus leading to me worrying everyday there has to be someone on here whos been through this where they been through the process.
I was banned for drink driving that's why I have to take the medical but I cant remember the last time I had a drink

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 16:13
As long as the medication does not affect your ability to driving (so it does not affect your concentration, vision, etc) then you'll pass.

maximus1975
09-10-13, 19:10
no my concentration is fine as is my vision but wont they be looking to see if they make drowsy? the fact of the matter is they don't as ive been on them so long ,if id just been put on them it would be a huge problem im on diazepam, venlafeaxin and quatipine another good thing is we are reducing the doses the dr thinks id be more danferous on the rd without the drugs as id be very anxious panic attacks etc im still looking for someone that had to have a medical on here to get there licence back

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 19:44
I understand you need the medication for the anxiety but if the DVLA deem the drowsiness too dangerous then you won't be able to drive. If that's the case then you can use driving as an aim to getting your anxiety under control.