PDA

View Full Version : ocd with religion on the mind

I'mdave27
09-10-13, 16:36
I'm constantly thinking about religion which one I want to join and the thoughts never stop even after I've chosen one , this is madness. I will choose Christianity then I'd start thinking about the evils people have committed in the name of Christianity so I choose being a muslim , I feel this one really strongly , then I'd do the same I did with Christianity. So in the end I don't choose a religion I end up choosing satanism but then I end up thinking that's dark so I find myself back to square one , which I really hate , this just makes me more confused. I want to not believe in anything but my mind won't let me for some reason so can you help ?

aggiecuttler
09-10-13, 18:58
I am not sure how helpful i can be, all i can advise is go to all the religious groups you are interested in and see what they are like go to the services and you will find the right fit for yourself, i think you are giving yourself a hard time for no reason, i am a christian and i love the more modern take on church, if you want a new take on christianity then i would suggest new frontiers churches, good luck i hope you find your right spot blessings

danivsdani
09-10-13, 19:11
you can't judge a whole religion based on the acts of a few who practice that religion. religion has hardly anything to do with the evil that people do it's their character and they use religion as an excuse. so believe in what you want to believe in and try not to worry about other people who believe in it.