PDA

View Full Version : What is happening?!?!

Hannahscared
09-10-13, 17:59
I had been taking 40mg Citalopram for years, and then I started experiencing lower abdominal pain constantly. I thought it would be my Citalopram causing this, so I started to go down to 20mg, then 10mg for a few days, then I just completely took myself off, cold turkey, as I couldn't take the constant pain of my stomach anymore.I came off around July time.

After coming off, I am still experiencing the stomach pain, so I now know it wasn't Citalopram causing it.

I have been getting severely anxious lately, so I decided to ask my doctor to go back on. I started 10mg yesterday, and experienced bad nausea and feeling really weak, and today I'm feeling the same, really sick, really weak and feel like I'm living a dream. I had no side effects the first time though so why would I get them the second time?!! please help?!

nomorepanic
09-10-13, 18:02
Some people do get them when they restart a medication. It is just bad luck I am afraid.

Hannahscared
09-10-13, 18:05
Some people do get them when they restart a medication. It is just bad luck I am afraid.

How long will it last for? Will it get worse? :weep:

joanne1967
09-10-13, 18:06
Hi im on day 5 on 10 my panic attacks are w:doh:orse today then ever ive had all the side affects do fingers crossed it can only get better coming on here means we not on our own hey

Sparkle1984
09-10-13, 18:20
I had worse side effects the second time around, too. Apparently it's quite common for that to happen. For me, I started to feel better after 3 to 4 weeks, although I had to move up to 20mg after a month.(The first time round I only needed 10mg). I've been feeling a lot better on the higher dose.

I hope you'll be feeling more settled soon.

nomorepanic
09-10-13, 18:23
There is no way of knowing how long it will last for - everyone is different

yorkshirepudding
10-10-13, 12:20
Side effects are a funny thing, what happens once wont happen again and what you didn't get the first time hits you like a train. Stomach cramps seem to be very common. Just keep with it and you will get through it like so many before.

GOOD LUCK:D

Hannahscared
10-10-13, 13:46
Thank you for all of your replies, I really appreciate it.

I'm on citalopram for my phobia of being sick so the constant nausea is terrifying me! It's day three now and doesn't seem to be getting better.. It's worse on the afternoon. I haven't been going to school. Want to know how long it will last!! I'm only 18 this is so scary! I have no appetite either! The first time I went on citalopram was fine!! No side effects at all.. And I am only on 10mg so seems a bit weird to me :huh: