PDA

View Full Version : really bad headache n think im dyin

young-mum
09-10-13, 18:41
ight so i have had a massiv headavhe fr over a week nw. I hav bin the hosp a&e.. They sed its nuffin to worry about probs jus migraine n me stressin about it n worryin about it is makin it wors. The thing is i dnt believ them. I fink they were jus sayin tht to fob me.off cos i hav bin ther a few times. Im so scared. each day this headache is gettin wors. I hav bin bein sick n gettinn bein sick n gettin.rly rly dizzy wiv it to the extent wher i cant stand up. Im rly hot n gettin a tingling sensation in my head. I swear im dyin n that it is sumfin serius like a brain tumor or bleed or sumfink i jus dnt no wot to do anymor i no im dyin im so scared :'( :'( :'( :'(

HoneyLove
09-10-13, 18:49
Hi young-mum, that sounds pretty scary, I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

All of those symptoms really do sound like migraine, even the dizziness & tingling sensation. Have you had trouble with headaches or migraine before? Stress can be a big migraine trigger for some people.

In the hospital did they give you any migraine pain medication to take? Or tell you how to manage it? What did they say to you exactly?

katesa
09-10-13, 18:53
You are NOT dying. You would not be able to type that message if you were.

It sounds like a migraine to me too. If you are really worried call 111/NHS direct for advice. But you are NOT dying. You have health anxiety and a migraine and the two things together are a scary mix x

aggiecuttler
09-10-13, 19:01
I would ask how bad is the headache on a scale of 1-10 and are you being sick reguarly, i would not just brush this under the carpet, it is worth going back to A&E if its so bad, i would ask for an MRI, very bad headaches with being sick is not a great thing so get it checked out if you still have the pain. blessings

young-mum
09-10-13, 19:02
Thanksnu guys thts wot hosp sed bt i jsu cnt believ them. Ive had miraines in past bt his feels a lot wors. Like a bleed or a tumor.or sumfin. THe hosp dnt seem.to care. Yes they gave me.migraine meds bt i hav taken them.past few.days n ther nt workin. EVryday i wake up n headache n dizziness is a lot wors.. This is wot makes.me.fink its sumfin bad as ive took the meds n paracetamol.pajnkillers but nuffin is helpin it. Am scared that im actually dyin honelsy

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Aggie i hav bin the hosp n ther sayin its nufin serius i did ask fr tests t b dun bt they sed thers no need. I fear ther jus sayin tht vos hey think ts anciety stright away ad u hav bin thr a lot

Andria24
09-10-13, 19:06
Young mum you're not dying. Migraines can be singular, clusters, or last days. I'm assuming that you've had tests done at the hospital? You're incredibly anxious right now (which is understandable) and need calm and rest. Do you have anyone that can look after you or help you?

young-mum
09-10-13, 19:16
Hi no ther is no1 ere i hav jus out my kids t bed n am in bed myself nw. Im sooo scared.. Hosp did bp.. Shon light in eyes n rouchd my ace a few times. I swear im dyin n im so scared. I fink they jus fobbd me off cos they no i hav anxiety so tried convincin me its tht x

Andria24
09-10-13, 19:25
Young mum listen to me petal ... They cannot fob you off anxiety or not. For a start it's not ethical. Second it's unlawful and thirdly they'd be up sh*t creek without a paddle for binning you just because they thought you neurotic or some such.

A lot can be detected doing some very simple tests, trust me. I have thyroid disease and anxiety disorder. I don't get fobbed off just because I've tipped up at my doctors wailing like a banshee and dripping snot everywhere (just did that on Monday).

Often a thyroid issue can cause anxiety, and mines been a bit off a lately. My doctor didn't assume it's my thyroid. He correctly diagnosed me as going crazy :)

You're ok young mum, believe it. You're ok :hugs:

If the headache is still there tomorrow get to your doctor and see if he can give you different migraine meds, or simply ask what his opinion of it all is.

young-mum
09-10-13, 19:35
Ok thnks so much am.so scared. Am in bed at min bt scared to go sleep encase i dnt wake up. Jus wna go hosp bt i cnt n dnt rly wna cos i no wht therl say :'( i dif private message u bt dnt no if u got it x

Andria24
09-10-13, 19:46
No, nothing came? Try again :)

You're going to wake up, for sure. You're incredibly stressed, probably tired just from being a momma, and no doubt you've got a house to run and, by the sounds of it, you're alone.

Not having someone to talk to won't be helping either. You're going to get though this my lovely, you are :hugs:

young-mum
09-10-13, 20:05
Thks al try agen nw x

Daisy Sue
09-10-13, 23:13
Hi YoungMum, as a regular sufferer of horrendous headaches, I can sympathise completely with you, not just the pain & symptoms, but the fear they bring too.. :(

Have you seen your GP about these headaches? Sometimes they can do more in the way of management meds than A&E can. There are lots of meds which can help, not just painkillers, such as muscle relaxants, and at one time I was put on Amitriptyline for the headaches (which might be an idea for you as it would help with the anxiety a bit too).

Also, it's worth trying a steam inhalation - sometimes my headaches are triggered by sinus problems, and the steam really helps.. especially if it's a frontal headache.

The cause of mine seems to be a bit of a mystery, but they were much worse when I was on HRT, so I think partly they're hormone related, partly sinus, and partly my neck - if I have neck pain I'm more or less guaranteed to develop head pain a few hours later.

I hope some of this has helped... I would definitely say go chat to your GP - you shouldn't have to cope with headaches to that degree without help.

Andria24
10-10-13, 12:38
Hey youngmum - hope you're ok the day, and that you've managed some sleep through the night :)