PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasent feeling after an intense episode of stress

JCRyanDenton
09-10-13, 18:59
I assume this is due to my body being stressed without any real happiness for quite some time. If i feel stressed in anyway, i feel unpleasant symptoms (twitches, tiredness, headaches etc) for the rest of the day. Yesterday i thought i saw someone that was a terrible person from my past (trust me, he is the worst person i have met in my life yet), i can't confirm if it was him but seeing the resemblance filled me with intense anxiety and stress. For the rest of the day i felt like my body couldn't get rid of the chemical that is released during stress so it still displayed symptoms.

I never ever used to be this susceptible to these symptoms after a stressful episode during the day, but recently its gotten out of hand. Could this be my body getting tired of the stress and needs a good long break from it?

emmelyne
09-10-13, 20:31
hmm i get weird things after being intensely stressed, my body's reaction is usually either a panic attack (in v. stressful situations eg an exam) a sudden rash all over me and intense stomach cramps - i think it might be due to the adrenaline pumping around your body and the fight/flight mech kicking in! I think everyone reacts differently to stress and with people with anxiety it's heightened.

For my panic attacks I usually explain it to people with the analogy of the row of parked cars. You know how there's always that one car who's alarm goes off if there's a gust of wind? And every other car is fine? we are the extra sensitive car and everyone who does not have anxiety are the other cars. we aren't weird or anything, it's just the way we psychologically react to things and sometimes we get very real physical symptoms to accompany stress!

don't panic, I am sure that because you have recognised it is due to stress there is nothing else wrong. If you take pain killers do the headaches get resolved? I think if you have a day or two to pamper yourself or relax then your body will get a chance to replenish itself. Make sure to get a lot of sleep (8 or 9 hours, too much can also be bad for you!) and eat right. Assess each situation and ask, is it worth me getting stressed?

mummyanxious
09-10-13, 21:13
I completely get where you're coming from. I thought to myself yesterday my threshold for 'stressful' situations is so low these days that even a small minor thing can knock me right off course for a couple of days.

penguin120
10-10-13, 01:27
For my panic attacks I usually explain it to people with the analogy of the row of parked cars. You know how there's always that one car who's alarm goes off if there's a gust of wind? And every other car is fine? we are the extra sensitive car and everyone who does not have anxiety are the other cars. we aren't weird or anything, it's just the way we psychologically react to things and sometimes we get very real physical symptoms to accompany stress!

That's a really good explanation. as for your stress- I'm sure it will go away! Things that relieve me are reading, listening to music, etc.

Hope you feel better! :D:D

Speranza
10-10-13, 08:10
I didn't sleep last week as I had a big work-related meeting coming up. I coped extremely well in the meeting. The outcome was really positive. And that night I didn't sleep. The next morning I woke with my first panic attack in a while. I just went with it, figuring it all had to come out sometime...

A Fellow Car Alarm. ;) x