PDA

View Full Version : Well hello anxiety it's nice to see you again.......NOT!!!

franfhm
09-10-13, 19:44
Sighhh, can't get into chat on my phone, and am away with my parents tonight.

My anxiety has returned with a bang tonight at its worst possible timing. For some reason I wanted to cry all the way here in the car with my mum and dad, I just feel like I want to go home :(

I have to sit through a family meal shortly, I've had a long day at work, I'm still not sleeping properly - and when anxiety hits at its worst, eating is a real problem for me and the emetephobia rears it's head again.

24 hours and I'll be back in my own house. I have a few days off work and I'm considering rooting myself to the sofa and bed. I'm tired, feel like I've had enough and could sleep for 6 months.

Rant over :(

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 19:45
I'm sorry to hear that Fran!

You may not want to eat but the meal may do you a world of good. Eat as much as you can, have a cuppa and put your feet up tonight. Today is just a bad day, tomorrow will be better :)

franfhm
09-10-13, 19:48
Yeah I think eating something would help as I'm past hungry now - been sat in a car for 3 hours. Thankfully I have my own room to hide in. I'm trying to focus on the positives like seeing family I've not seen in a long time. It's a shame we're assembled for a funeral tomorrow really :(

Elen
09-10-13, 19:55
Hi Fran hun

Sorry you cant get into chat.

Food definately sounds like a good idea.

Take care of yourself hun

Elen

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 19:56
I'm sorry to hear that :( do you think that's what has triggered the anxiety? You may feel better just being in the presence of your family, even if you are just watching TV.

Andria24
09-10-13, 19:57
Probably something to do with the funeral too. They're a source of anxiety anyway. Rennie's advice is good, and hopefully you'll muddle through and come out of it none the worse.

franfhm
09-10-13, 19:59
I've had a crazy week rennie - I ran a half marathon on Sunday - which while being absolutely amazing, doesn't half mess with your emotions beforehand, during and after.

I then had a job interview Monday - so more stress!! I don't do things by halves eh!! So yeah, this afternoon my annual leave started - brain finally turned off and bang here it is :(

Ps I didn't get the job but I am slightly relieved, no hour each way commute every day!!

Rennie1989
09-10-13, 20:02
Definitely sounds like you had a busy week! Massive well done for doing the half marathon! You must be so proud of yourself for completing it.

franfhm
09-10-13, 23:05
I really am proud of myself for that :) thanks rennie :)

Thankfully the meal went ok, a (bottle) of wine helped! I just get so worked up about these things. Just tomorrow to get through now!

Thanks rennie & Elen for your calming words xx

sophieunderscore
09-10-13, 23:29
Sorry you're feeling bad hun, big hugs, you've had a mad week and I have found in the past that when I finally get to "relax" lots of emotions come out and you realise how tired and tense you've been, keep focusing on the positives, even in the sad circumstances and make sure you do let yourself rest when you get home, speak to you in chat soon and do pm if you need to x x x

yorkshirepudding
10-10-13, 00:06
Hello Fran,

Hope tomorrow (which is now today) goes ok for you.

I had a bit if an anx day today too - first time in a long time, bloomin withdrawals!

Take care fran.

Jacsta
10-10-13, 05:49
Hopefully today will be as painless as possible for you, and soon you will be home and back to normal. Remember this is just a blip, not long after you've said hello to mr anx that youll be say good riddance goodbye.

Chin up, stay strong, and know we are thinking of you xx

franfhm
10-10-13, 08:29
Thanks all :) slept reasonably well considering I'm not in my own bed. Taking it easy this morning and having some time to myself - just want to get it over and done with now.

Chat later xx

---------- Post added at 08:29 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Sorry to hear you had a bad day too pudd, hope today is better for you x

Elen
10-10-13, 12:20
Hi Fran

Just to say I am thinking of you today.

I hope that it proves to be a great send off.

Speak soon

Elen