PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

Kmccluskey
09-10-13, 23:09
Hi everyone ,

I'm kieron, I'm 21 and a student at de Montfort university in Leicester , I'm in my 3rd year now and I a am really struggling with panic attacks or something worse. I feel like I will dieat any moment an I feel as though I will have a heart attack. My life is ruined at the moment as my heart squeezes and tightens and I feel heavy at times. I also get othe panic symptoms but I'm so concerned for my heart. Feel like I'm a heart attack waiting to happen.. It's nice to have this website and I appreciate all of your help. Everything has come crashing down and I don't know what to do, I've tried picking myself up and it works for a while but then a symptom comes out of the blue and I'm not even thinking of them. I feel trapped and this is what makes me believe I'm not suffering anxiety, feel like a dead man walking. But anyway nice to meet you all , well virtually haha. any1 been through what I've been through on the site ?

Andria24
10-10-13, 05:27
Hey there Kieron, welcome :)

Have you seen a doctor or approached student services? Anxiety is a bloody nuisance of an affliction and creates all kinds of symptoms, all of which feel very real and are very frightening.

You're not alone in this and there is support out there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a support group of some kind attached to the university. Hundreds and hundreds of students suffer with anxiety as time wears on, it's pretty common in the academic world :)

Plus you can always call the anxiety helpline (it's a national group) between 10 in the morning and 10 at night. I'll go find you the number.

And there's always us :hugs:

Here's that number Kieron: 0800 138 8889

Cammy
10-10-13, 11:24
Hi kieron, I'm 19 and I am going through the exact same thing as you. For almost a year I let it control my life until about two weeks ago I was prescribed citalopram from my doctor and I've been told it can take a few weeks to kick in and the first week on them is rough but I'm sure this is the way forward and you should maybe contact your gp. Mail me if you have any questions!

All the best

Kmccluskey
10-10-13, 13:04
Yeah I have seen a doctors and have counselling appointments booked, I missed the first two counselling sessions because of the anxiety though. Il literally too scared to get on with Uni. feel like my time is coming to an end. also feel as though the doctors just fob me off when there is a serious problem. I was on citalopram before and it didn't really do much to be honest, anothercreason to think I have a physical issue. doctors don't seem to think so. either that.or it's undiagnosed. ��

Cammy
10-10-13, 22:55
Well I know exactly how you feel so do not feel alone. How long exactly were you on citalopram? And how strong.. 10, 20, 40mg? My doctor was pretty quick to just turn me to medication so it is good to speak with others on here about how you feel. You do feel better letting it out to someone, and from the sounds of things you really are just having a very harsh time with anxiety. Message me and we can talk.