PDA

View Full Version : Im New Here

debstar
29-10-06, 22:17
Hi,

My name is Debbie and I live in Australia. I am 28 yrs old, married with 3 kids.

I started having anxiety, panic attacks and stress alot since April this year. I first started getting anxiety and panic attacks due to Benign Positional Vertigo that I have had for the last 6 years. I get the attacks when I go into shops, cinema and some restaurants. I just learnt to live with this.

But it became worse after a mini tummy tuck operation that I had in April. The doctors made a big thing about blood clots and this seemed to trigger something in me. Everytime I would get a pain I would think that I had a blood clot and that I was going to die.

I also have had another two operations this year and one was a sinus operation. I had had constant sinus problems with headaches everyday and also pressure in my head from the sinus. I knew that it was only sinus but I kept thinking that I had a brain tumour.

I get pains in my head now and then which has been identified as muscle tension coming from my neck due to stress. But I kept thinking that I had a brain tumour or a blood clot.

It started to take over my life as I would be thinking of this everyday.

So I have just started seeing a psychologist and have noticed a difference already.

Sorry I have written so much.

Deb

honeybee3939
29-10-06, 22:23
Hi Deb

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here and make new friends on the way!

Love

Andrea
xxx

spiritofnow
29-10-06, 22:24
Well done for sharing and being honest!
I know that can be the first step in over coming your issues.
Life is a journey that we make every day...:D
Enjoy this place and all of the support and advise you may encounter :D x

freeyourspirit

Daisybun
29-10-06, 22:29
Hi Deb
I too have benign positional vertigo. I have had this condition for 20 years, I've been much better since starting exercises for this condition. i saw a balance therapist who gave me specific exercises to do and since then i have been so much better. i can sleep on my right side again, hadn't for 17 years1 and i can go in dentist chairs and hairdresser chairs now too with no problems. If you want to talk about it please PM me and I'll give you more info. Welcome to NMp

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

yorkylover
29-10-06, 23:11
Hi Deb welcome to the forum,you will get lots of helpfull advise here.
Take care.;)

Ellen XX

debstar
29-10-06, 23:59
Thankyou for all your replies.

Thankyou to Daisybun for replying. I had my first vrt treatment a few weeks ago and have completed the exercises. I have an imbalance in my eyes and have found the exercises for this very helpful. I too find it hard in the dentist and hairdressesrs chairs. It is great to know that I am not the only one.

Deb

nomorepanic
30-10-06, 15:23
Hi Deb

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

trac67
30-10-06, 16:06
Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

mad_shell66
30-10-06, 18:36
hi deb, welcome to no more panic

shellxx