PDA

View Full Version : Eye anxiety!

penguin120
09-10-13, 23:57
Here's a little backstory- I got my first migraine when I was twelve {13 now} I think. I got the aura thing and of course I thought I was going blind. :blush:

I don't know if these are really connected in any way, but right around that time I started noticing that I have floaters in my eye.. not very normal for an twelve year old right?! I googled it... of course. :winks:

And I was convinced that I had (or was having) a detached retina. {Start worst month of my life right here}

That night, my sister's friend was over and there was a HUGE snowfall. {It was february I think.} I went outside, and, still in the mindset of thinking about my eyes, I noticed the blue field entoptic phenomenon... problem is, I've noticed it EVERY DAY since then. NO JOKE. every time I'm outside, all I see is little flashing dots. Sometimes I also see little circles.. that almost look like they're falling or something... it's hard to explain.

Also, I always notice afterimages and trails... but only when it's dark out?

Since february, I've been thinking that I have a number of conditions relating to my eye... from glaucoma to visual snow all the way to just going blind.

What's been concerning me lately is that I feel like I'll never ever stop noticing the blue field entoptic phenomenon... and that, since most people just notice the little dots, but for me it's also little groups of transparent circle things... and sometimes I feel like i see something clear going across my vision.. but only when I am outside, looking at the sky, causing me to blame the blue field entoptic phenomenon. I'm wondering if what I've described up there is serious?! Especially when you add in the fact that I'm only 13?!

This worries me every day...

Andria24
10-10-13, 05:35
Ok first you need to refocus your energy on seeing a real doctor and avoid Dr Google. You know way too many long and fancy names for a 13 year old :)

You need to get your eyes checked. Tell your mum and dad, get yourself an eye exam. Maybe you need glasses, or it really is a series of migraine related auras.

mummyanxious
10-10-13, 06:57
Well firstly I have no idea what a blue field thingy is and no idea why you should too.
Secondly I've had floaters since I was a little girl and I'm now in my thirties and still have perfect 20/20 vision.
I get dots in my eyes. Quite regularly actually. They do bother me as I have no idea what they are as they're random with no pattern like a migraine. Dr and opticians visits have shown nothing.

Jmcd
15-10-13, 17:43
Hi penguin it's amazing how similar our story is, I first noticed my floaters in the last year, end of the world 1. "I'm never gonna stop noticing these". Went on holiday 'to relax' but the full marble lobby and its shiny surfaces brought out even more floaters!!!

Then the same holiday I noticed similar things to what you're describing (I daren't google the terminology you're using as Andria said google can be a real enemy). Also then had an ocular migraine and convinced myself that was the end of my vision. End of the world 2.

Andria has already given the best advice. Go nag your doctor. It's what they're there for. To explain what is really happening and why it's nothin to worry about.

penguin120
24-11-13, 16:04
Well firstly I have no idea what a blue field thingy is and no idea why you should too.

it's that thing with the little 'flashes of light' etc when you look up at the sky.

KAtharhine
28-04-16, 20:03
hi I've got exactly what you've talked about with blue entropic phenomenon- it's worst when I look at the sky but I have it over most pale coloured things ! ( and at night I have a visual static over the sky instead ) etc. I also have the falling circles etc !! I was wondering if you had any updates / what the doctor said as I have had this for the past 2 months , thank you so much !