PDA

View Full Version : In the flux and here comes insomnia

Andria24
10-10-13, 05:19
Day 4 and it's fair to say that insomnia is rearing it's head. I was on flux years ago but was so damn ill the side effects padded quietly by.

This time around I'm a lot more conscious of how I feel and between how I felt last night and this morning it's either the anxiety alone or the meds, or the both. I guess it's going to be a fun ride.

I think tomorrow I'll drop to one tab every other day. I always was pretty absorbent when it came to medication and I'd rather find my flux zone by being under medicated than over. Last time around I was on 20 mg, and that's my 'now' dose but looking back at how ill I was and how well it worked I may well manage on 10.

Anyone managed on a low dose?

Speranza
10-10-13, 08:03
Hi,
that's interesting, I have been so stressed at work that I forgot the sleep problems might be related to the fluoxetine.

Can I suggest you at least tell (if not ask!) your doctor what you are intending to do? It's good to keep the professionals informed for their records.

Hope you get some more sleep soon!

Andria24
10-10-13, 08:34
Speranza I'm assuming it's the flux simply because I sleep like a baby. That and the anxiety.

Currently I can manage it, so I'll see how it goes. I gave an appointment with my doc in ten days so will tell him then. I think they started me on 10 years ago, and took me up to 20.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated :)

Andria24
11-10-13, 16:06
Today it's a headache. Not sure if that's the tiredness though. The tension type, over one eye. Jesus this anxiety lark's a good bit of hard work eh :huh:

Emphyrio
12-10-13, 22:42
You could even try 5mg. Possibly even lower. I'm on prozac again (4th time round!) and I don't plan to go above 5mg unless I find that my anxiety continues to get the better of me.

Check out this article: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2003/mar2003_cover_effects_01.htm

Some people need just 2.5mg of prozac a day! 5mg does seem to be a good starting dose for most people though, and titrate up from there if needbe.

Andria24
13-10-13, 07:36
Yep 5. I went down to that and stayed on it for a while and it worked fine. I'm doing the 20 every other day, got the docs a week Monday, so will have a word. Not know much about it can you get 5 or is it a case of 10 every other day?

And thanks, I appreciate your input :)

Emphyrio
13-10-13, 21:08
I use the liquid fluoxetine - its quite handy. Or you could dissolve a capsule in water and have a third or a quarter of it each day.

I guess with these medications its always a good idea to take the lowest dose possible that still gives you benefits. Sadly, with antidepressants, higher doses tend to equal more side effects.

Andria24
14-10-13, 10:29
Mine's the capsule form. Before I start fiddling I'll have a word with my doc. Thanks again Emp :)

Emphyrio
14-10-13, 14:47
No worries :) The liquid is pretty cheap so they should have no issue prescribing it. Remember to ask at the pharmacy for a measuring syringe when you pick it up.