PDA

View Full Version : Mark on my gum

RVP
10-10-13, 09:12
Hi guys.. this is really freaking me out right now..my wisdom teeth are coming through but on one of them not on the tooth but just on a gum area theres a brown or red type mark im not sure exactly what colour it is.. i think its brown...i just googled and it said it could be a type of cancer called melanoma...im so scared right now this wasn't there yesterday i don't think and i only just went to the dentist on friday

Andria24
10-10-13, 09:19
RVP you're ok. You've just been to the dentist. Maybe you've bruised your gum or it's bruised due to the tooth pushing through :)

unsure_about_this
10-10-13, 09:21
I was worried about melanoma on the gum (I did a google search earlier this year) mine was from a root canal I had done 7 years ago. mine was a black/brown line. The dentist practice was very good, even though it was not the regular dentist I saw, the dentist did me x-rays etc.

RVP
10-10-13, 09:58
but what if it appeared this week? after the dentist? im so scared because thats the first thing that came up and it keeps coming up. it looks like a dark beauty spot

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

http://tinypic.com/r/x1eo1d/5

Here's a picture

RVP
10-10-13, 17:31
Anyone know what it looks like or could be?

When I type in spot on gum the first and pretty much only thing that comes up is oral cancer..

Andria24
10-10-13, 17:52
It's nothing. You're looking for something, I'm not. You're fine. I get ulcers in my mouth sometimes, bite my tongue/lip. I've cut myself once or twice with my toothbrush.

You're ok :)

Fishmanpa
10-10-13, 18:02
i just googled and it said it could be a type of cancer called melanoma...im so scared right now this wasn't there yesterday i don't think and i only just went to the dentist on friday

Hi there RVP,

I'm an oral cancer survivor. Cancer of the mouth doesn't come up overnight or present itself as you describe. Typically you don't have a clue anything is going on until it's well advanced and most of the time there's no discomfort, pain. This sounds like an every day run of the mill ulcer or irritation to be honest.

While I'm not a doctor nor can one diagnose via the internet, the OC rule of thumb is to have a suspicious lesion or area checked by an ENT or dentist familiar with oral cancers if it stays or gets worse after a few weeks.

Good Luck!

Ohhh and stay away from Dr. Google!!!

RVP
10-10-13, 18:15
Hey thanks for your replies, It's not so much a spot or anything, it's just a brown/reddish (i'm colour blind) mark on my gum where my wisdom tooth is meant to come through.