PDA

View Full Version : Councelling

rebeccad
10-10-13, 09:33
Hi everyone just thought id ask the question , has anybody ever received councelling through the retail trust charity, they offer free councelling for anybody that works in retail and their company is part of, I'm about to under go this and I wondered if it really was to good to be true , they're giving me 6 free 50 mins sessions could I get your thoughts on this, as it's free do you think it will be any good x

cpe1978
10-10-13, 09:36
It is often in the interest of organisations to look after the interests and health of their employees. Believe it or not, mental health is one of the biggest causes of work related sickness.

So I would suggest that it probably isnt too good to be true and that it would be a great start.

rebeccad
10-10-13, 09:38
Thanks for the reply , I really want to go and get this sorted I understand 6 sessions isn't very long but need a push and then maybe I can get the courage to go to my go for a referral x

cpe1978
10-10-13, 09:55
GPs are just as responsible for your mental health as they are your physical health. I wish more understood that fact. Why not go to your GP and get a referral now and use the free sessions as a kick start. May take some time for it come through.

rebeccad
10-10-13, 10:01
I did get referred earlier on this year and they wasn't very nice to me, I had to cancel an appointment as my son was poorly and was really annoyed and said they would send through a new appointment which they did but I had already told them I work Fridays , they sent through an appointment for a Friday , when I called them to tell them the lady said she would re send , they never did and then I received a letter saying I never turned up , which is not true , I wasn't strong enough to call them and I didn't tell my husband I was even going as I was embarassed andhe's not very understanding.

Karol.Papis
27-10-13, 13:27
Hi, as far as I know they may be good but they do not have to... I am unsure if CBT can be offered through charities/workplace, such services are often designed more as a 'confidential listening service'... NHS counselling services usually offer good value and they are free too. But untimately, it is what you think that matters most, so just pick the one that you feel comfortable with :)