PDA

View Full Version : dead man walking

Kmccluskey
10-10-13, 18:05
seriously wondering if this is anxiety or a heart problem. My heart crunches for brief periods and I get a slow beat and wave from the heart area, is this an anxiety symptom?

Anxious_gal
10-10-13, 19:08
Palpitations. Have you mentioned them to your doctor?

They are quite common if you suffer from anxiety.

Kmccluskey
10-10-13, 22:54
Yeah I've said, they told me nothing to worry about but u know what docs are like, fobbing people off. So palpitations can feel like a crunch or squeeze in your chest. do I get palpiations anxious gal?

Anxious_gal
10-10-13, 23:20
Did he listen to your heart?

If you're still worried ask for an ECG . It will show up any problems. It's a simple and easy test.

My own doctor has a machine in his office.

Kmccluskey
11-10-13, 02:10
I had an ECG in a and e and that said it was fine . Not reassuring though

Fishmanpa
11-10-13, 02:34
I had an ECG in a and e and that said it was fine . Not reassuring though

What would be reassuring? Just curious.

Kmccluskey
11-10-13, 18:22
other tests, and the acknowledgement that an ECG does not mean your heartis ok. In the 21st century, with all the technology that is available all they do is use a stethoscope and an ECG to determine if your heart is healthy, that's anything but reassuring. especially when your heart squeezes and pulls randomly, and the fact it comes and goes. reassuring would be an actual diagnosis and not something that is being left to chance, oh it's just panic , stress , anxiety, I'm sorry but an individual episode of heart tightness is enough for me to worry majorly. so in answer to your question, a diagnosis would be reassuring as something is not right. do you suffer from heart sensations?

Fishmanpa
11-10-13, 18:35
so in answer to your question, a diagnosis would be reassuring as something is not right. do you suffer from heart sensations?

I've had two heart attacks, triple bypass surgery, cardiac stents and most recently battled oral cancer. I would say I'm pretty qualified to answer your question.

Let me start by saying this.... You're posing this question on an anxiety website forum, so there's that aspect.

What you describe is a classic anxiety symptom and is listed in the "symptoms" section of the website. Concerning the ECG (EKG). It's a definitive way to tell if the heart is experiencing issues. IF there were an abnormality in your ECG, you would be sent for further testing. If it were something indeed serious, you wouldn't be here now writing about it I assure you!

Of course, if you're a man of means you could pay the thousands it costs to be tested further to find out you're fine. Personally, I trust the ECG (EKG) as I've had more than I can count!

Good Luck!

Andria24
11-10-13, 18:40
KMC listen to Fishman - that's good sense right there.

And you got a diagnosis and I'm going to repeat it for you in case you misheard it : your heart is fine.

Translated that is a diagnosis, one that says 'your heart is healthy, you have nothing to worry about'. There isn't a different name for a healthy heart Kieron. You have one, and you're ok :)

Barnabas75
11-10-13, 18:47
Please listen to the fishman!:shades: