PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up of tea time!

dancingfrog
10-10-13, 19:51
So as you may know I'm trying to eat solids, it's bad in the morning, gets better at lunch but tea time is terrible. I'm trying to eat it but if there is more than about ten mouthfuls I get scared, then defeated and give up. I'm really getting angry with myself but it's just not getting better. I will bring this up again when I got to my next appt, however because I'm not getting enough tea I then have some ice cream, which I feel is cheating.

Elen
10-10-13, 19:55
Hey Frog

Cut yourself some slack here honey. You have come on leaps and bounds this last week.

Look at the positives and less of the defeated.

Mornings tend to be bad, but fabulous that you are managing to eat at work.

You havent mentioned work so I assume that it is going ok, that in itself is a huge achievement.

Certainly bring it up at your next session but I am sure that your therapist will be really pleased with your progress.

Elen

dancingfrog
10-10-13, 20:02
Thanks Elen I'm just really panicky tonight! Work is going great I may have a permanent job in the pipeline! I'm not eating great at work just little things I can manage, I'm then eating the rest when I get home. I can only properly eat at my mums and with me living with my partner tea time is the worst. Just getting concerned again.

Barnabas75
10-10-13, 20:11
Please dont be so hard on yourself like Elen says.This is a marathon not a sprint.All you have to do is keep going.Sometimes there are setbacks in life.this builds character.Set reasonable goals to take some of the pressure off.Argg its hard I know but we are here to keep encouraging one another.:)

dancingfrog
10-10-13, 20:19
Thanks I think you've hit the nail of the head, I'm expecting it to work overnight but it doesn't work like that. At the moment I'm still trying to get over the fear and take these thoughts away. For such a good day I've had a really bad night. I've just had a full blown panic attack thinking I was a choking on my ice cream when in fact it was my panic making this worse. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better way!

Barnabas75
10-10-13, 20:30
Thats it!tomorrow is another day.I had a tough few hours last night but it passed and so will todays hiccups Frog.I am impatient at times also.

Elen
10-10-13, 20:33
Well I still think that you are doing great, and brilliant news about a permanent job.

It will all come together for you honest it will.

Elen

dancingfrog
10-10-13, 20:33
Thanks Greg I'm feeling a lot better now.

Barnabas75
10-10-13, 20:34
Yes YOU are doing great.:yesyes: