PDA

View Full Version : anxious about being anxious?!?

nataliewoods88
10-10-13, 21:12
hi, im getting to become quite a regular on this site but i find it very helpful!! Does anyone experience the feeling of anxiety of being anxious? it makes no logical sense but some days i feel like i am dreading, almost waiting for something bad to happen when there's no posing threat just my anxiety! Its the worst because i can't pin point what's making me anxious and it drives me crazy!! So I become to get frightened by this unrelated anxiety, its almost like health anxiety, but its not physical, its mental! Any help or advice would be much appreciated:scared15:.

Andria24
10-10-13, 21:35
Oh yeah ... this is a little subtext thing that anxiety throws at you, a side along freebie because ... well ... why not.

I suppose you could say it adds to the fun but then that's what an optimist would say and, let's face it, that's not something we here are too big on most days. I think it's down to accepting our anxiety, and dealing with it.

I'm dealing with it like this: I hate it. Like I hate liars and ignorance, or the way that some people treat you badly just because they can. But I'm stubborn. And I know 'anxious me' isn't the real me. It's this rubbish version of who I am. So I'm taking the pills (Prozac ... don't be a hater now) and I'm letting the jitters and insomnia and freaky 3d feelings wash over me. I'm (sometimes) letting the panic overwhelm me, sometimes I'm staring it in the eye. I'm hoping to start on CBT soon - at least before I start talking to carrots or jibbering nonsense to the ether. I'm trying my very best not to sink beneath the surface because I almost drowned once (for real) and personally I found it very frightening. I want a life a little more than less ordinary. I deserve it. I've earned it. And I mean to have it. If not well I know that I fought like demon drenched in holy water and I'll go sit in and corner a sulk like any good half-person should.

Does any of that resonate with you Natalie? Are you fighting it? Do you want to conquer this horrible, insidious illness? I do. I really do. And if ever you want to talk, message me. If you don't that's fine. But I'll always try help if you ask. We're going to be fine one day Natalie, we are :)

Annie0904
10-10-13, 21:40
I do Natalie, especially when I get a physical symptom that is not connected to anxiety but I know could be a symptom of anxiety. I suddenly think oh no I am getting anxious again! I have to remind myself that NO it is just because I am feeling tired today or nauseous for some other reason or whatever.

nataliewoods88
10-10-13, 21:50
thanks guys, great responses! yes andria i do feel like i try my best to fight the evil demon that is mental illness! all the time!! it brings me to my knees some days! part of me knows when i get anxious i need to accept it like a pain in the leg, but its hard! We all deserve a happy life and yeah we all have earned it!! I also agree with you annie about having to remind yourself its just the anxiety and im not going crazy! which can be hard to do!