PDA

View Full Version : lymph node's are ruling my life

kimballs
10-10-13, 21:18
Hi too you all,:) Been going through a really bad time the past 18 months it all started when doctors found out that i had thyroid nodules and had to have the gland removed.I only went there with a cough and 8 months pregnant, Went through Hell as there was a 10% chance of being a cancer, Since then I've worried so much about my health. Never did before,it took 10 months before i was told it wasn't cancer,,At that stage i was a broken person trying to cope with bring my 5 kids up day to day,I ran my body down so much with worry it started to show,I noticed last year groin nodes on both side's I had loads of gp's feel them, and a scan last year, however I still didn't trust what they were saying, so i kept checking them daily, as i was so frighten they were getting bigger, but in the end i think i was making more come up, ( prodding)To this day I'm still worried about Lymph nodes. I had a private Groin scan today and the radiologist said they look normal as they have fatty hilum around them..his words were i would be more concern if it was your top half.... WRONG thing to say soon as i got home started to look at my neck and on my left side half way down, i can feel a flat but small lymph node....Can you feel normal size lymph nodes without it being something more??? please give your input thanks a scared mum:weep:

doodlemerchant
10-10-13, 21:53
Hi kimballs, sorry you've been having such a horrible time. I hate lymph nodes. I have had so many full-on panics over them in the last 10 or 15 years, and no doubt I will have more. In my personal experience yes, I can feel normal sized nodes, I regularly check them to make sure they are small/normal and have to sit on my hands to stop myself sometimes! And when they're making me panic I prod at them constantly until they are so sore I swear they get inflamed and englarge, which makes me panic even more, which makes me prod even more, etc etc. I know how hard it is (because I don't believe a word anyone with a medical degreee says to me, ever) but try and tell yourself you've had yourself checked out, you've even had that private scan, and if they thought there was anything sinister going on they would have sent you to have more tests at the very least. Try to distract yourself from worrying about them whenever you can. With 5 kids to look after you have enough to exhaust you already :hugs:

kimballs
10-10-13, 22:07
Thank you doodlemerchant :) for your kind words. It is hard, I hate myself for being like this. I just want my old life back.... :hugs: