PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so stupid?

djsandra
11-10-13, 03:04
Last night I didn't sleep as much as I usually do, so I slept in a bit this morning and didn't take a shower. I forgot to put on deodorant before leaving to school, and I just realized this when I was at school. I sweat a lot during school, due to feeling bored and insecure, so my sweat usually smells stronger. It really bothered me that I had no deodorant on, and I didn't have any with me, because now I would have to feel even more insecure about people smelling me and I wouldn't feel comfortable to go close to people, which is quite impractical at school. Anyways, I take this "Glade Ultra-Concentrated Air Freshener" that my mom got for me in a mini size to use if my IBS starts acting up so that I can actually do my business without worrying about the smell...that's another insecurity I have, but anyways, I take the thing, and I spray it as quickly as I can on my shirt where my left armpit is. The stuff is really strong smelling and doesn't go away, hence it being called "ultra-concentrated". I then realize that it was a stupid idea, and start to panic. I felt somewhat lightheaded and dizzy, although I'm not sure whether it was from the freshener or my shallow breathing to avoid breathing it in. It was on me for about 4 hours. I still feel kind of lightheaded and I keep having this somewhat bitter, soap-like taste in my mouth, nose and throat. I phoned my mom to come and pick me up early but she said I would be fine. I kept trying to breathe only from my right side, because every time I turned my head towards there middle or left side the smell would come. I'm really scared that I'm going to die tonight when I go to sleep...I looked on the actual package and there was only a warning to use it in well-ventilated areas but on the actual MSDS it says that misuse by inhaling can be fatal. I'm such an idiot, now I have to worry. It seems like I will never run out of things to worry about.

Fishmanpa
11-10-13, 03:37
No disrespect intended at all but this sounds like a scene from a Ben Stiller movie! ;)

Hope you're feeling (and smelling) better!

djsandra
11-10-13, 03:42
Yeah I know it sounds totally weird, but I just can't stop worrying and I still have the bitter taste in my mouth...thanks for replying though, appreciate it :)

Andria24
11-10-13, 06:26
Sandra hours later you're going to be fine. It is dangerous to inhale solvents and the contents of aerosols, that's why the warnings are there however - your intention was not to inhale anything, simple.

Inhaling aerosols, the warning, it means to inhale direct, nozzle to nose more or less. There's a technique, which is not up for discussion, that addicts use in order to gain a short, sharp high.

Trust me you did not come close to inhaling in the sense of the warning. You're fine :)

MissW
11-10-13, 07:12
No, you're not stupid. You just wanted to smell good. If you were going to die from inhaling the fumes or chemicals, it would've happened already. Sleep soundly and remember your deodorant in the morning :)

inCOGnito
11-10-13, 12:28
It seems like I will never run out of things to worry about.

ain't that the way