PDA

View Full Version : Worrying

becksfan86
11-10-13, 08:39
Quick question, can worrying so much cause you upper back pain? Ive had it twice this week, i have had a cough since last week, but dont know if thats caused it? It may be a muscle spasam i am not sure. I woke up with it on tuesday the pain was so severe by night, i ended up falling asleep and pain was gone. .es straight from my back to the front of my chest on right hand side.
I freak out that i wont be able to breathe
Sorry for posting just feeling dwn today, its like its never ending

Speranza
11-10-13, 19:06
I think if you are feeling anxious and then notice a pain, the anxiety sort of feeds the pain and sets up a vicious circle. So I dunno if it can CAUSE a pain (I suspect it can, cos we tense up when we are anxious) but it can certainly make one into a bigger deal. I get this quite a lot. x

Karol.Papis
27-10-13, 12:55
Hi, of course worrying can 'cause' a variety of physical sensations. Let me give you a random example - close your eyes and start imagining that your ears are burning, focus all your attention on your ears getting hotter and hotter (there is even a saying that when people talk about you your ears start to burn :D:D). After a while of thinking of it, I'm sure you'll feel your ears are on fire :) Our brains are sometimes too powerful, aren't they?... I've also heard of people feeling actual pain due to psychological symptoms, sounds unbelieveable but it is true