PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic Scan today - am so scared

*Fallen Angel*
11-10-13, 10:20
I'm an absolute bag of nerves. In June I started getting low down abdo cramps that never went away so dr referred me for a scan and it's today at 4.10. I'm really frightened it's going to be some form of cancer. I've had lots of bloating and gas but my acid reflux is really bad and I've been getting burning in my lower stomach area. I don't have a gallbladder so I know this is probably not helping along with my massive anxieties.

Dr suspects a cyst and told me not to worry but easier said than done. I'm shaking with fear right now and feel sick:weep:

nomorepanic
11-10-13, 11:21
Cancer would have shown up in blood tests though so I assume they were all clear?

Annie0904
11-10-13, 11:22
Don't jump to the worst case scenario as there are so many non serious reasons that you could have these symptoms. Try to keep yourself busy today. Let us know how things are when you get back home. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

*Fallen Angel*
11-10-13, 12:02
I've not had the CA125 blood test but did have full bloods in the summer and just before because I'm anaemic and have low ferritin (partly wonder if that's related to whatever *this* is). Apart from the low iron all other tests were fine.

Thanks Annie, will post again later. I keep thinking what if they don't let me go home? My worse case would be if they got another Dr to take a look or if I can a sonogapher that says nothing! I will tell them about my HA even though I know they aren't obliged to tell me anything.

nomorepanic
11-10-13, 12:08
They wouldn't keep you in so don't worry about that.

Good luck you will be just fine

pearl79
11-10-13, 22:50
How was your scan?

*Fallen Angel*
12-10-13, 07:53
When I went in I explained my HA to the lady scanning and she was lovely. Explained what she was looking at and saw. Thankfully scan was clear. She saw a collapsing follicle on my left ovary but as in mid cycle she wasn't worried. My other ovary was harder to see as my bowel was in the way! She did see the tip of it though and as there was no protrusion into the bowel from it she said she had no reason to believe it wasn't normal.

I'm mightily relieved. However it doesn't answer my stomach pains however given they started after I started iron tablets, I do wonder if that's the cause.

Either way, I feel better able to deal with it now I know what it's not.

HoneyLove
12-10-13, 08:33
That must be a relief for you! Sounds like the lady doing the scan was very thorough and kind :)

Do you mean that your stomach cramps only started happening after you began taking iron supplements? Iron can definitely be hard on your stomach and can cause constipation or IBS problems if you're prone to them. For me it set of some gastritis in my (annoyingly sensitive!) stomach and gave me a lot of pain and bloating along with reflux. I think you'll find that these type of side effects are very common with iron, so perhaps that's an explanation for your own cramps?

*Fallen Angel*
12-10-13, 12:33
Yep HoneyLove! About 10 days after starting the iron the pains started! I've stopped taking it for now as my whole digestion system is shot; heartburn, wind, bloating etc. with having no gall bladder I'm sure this impacts. I feel so acidy although the pains are much more intermittent now, it's just a general discomfort made worse with eating!