PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

howiecats
30-10-06, 14:05
I need help. I have been doing ok not had a really bad panic attack for about 5 weeks which is good. The thing is it is always in the back of my mind that something is going to happen to me. The thing is i don't know what is causing it, its always there.
I just recently found out that i am pregnant and i an happy about that. I am scared that i am going to harm the baby if i don't sort myself out.
I worried about the birth, will something happen to me.

The past week i have been so angry then so upset that i can't stop crying, i think i am scaring my son who is 7 years old, i want him to see his mum strong.

I get the slighest pain and i think it is something more serious. Does anyone else feel like this. Is there something wrong me? I feel qutie dizzy all the time.

I don't want to go through the rest of my life like this will it ever go away.

I am driving everyone in my family mad.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

R.Stevenson

clickaway
30-10-06, 14:14
Hi,

Our panic attacks are often triggered by major events, and that fact that you have recently found out you were expecting would account for how you've been.

Many of us have irrational fears, and these are most likely related to something from years ago. You know that you won't really harm your baby - its a fear you have and not a reality.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

keef737
30-10-06, 16:22
Yes have had this, anything new comes along and bang a reaction as if weve switched on a part of us that doesnt know whats going on hence
it puts the panics into us or our minds, its proably the nervous sytem senseing biological changes, I had a panic attack going to a supermarket the next time I went i felt it coming on again so I said to myself "If you dont get food you will ... " and my panic Stopped !!!
and the next time no more panics
one thing I realised is this mental storm we often get is the panics!
the heart beat and breathing is a 2nd stage... you can beat this
keith

yorkylover
30-10-06, 16:38
Hi,try not to worry yourself.Its all part of anxiety.Congratulations on the baby.I put a post in not long ago as I was worried about becoming pregnant with anxiety.All the replies were very positive.I expect the hormones are not helping.
Take care

Ellen XX

taffysteve
30-10-06, 20:29
Hey Howie - firstly congratulations on your news!

Your anxiety will certainly not cause any harm to the baby - as all the symptoms you are feeling are just because your nerves are sensitised and on edge. Nothing more than that. Please don't think I'm trivialising - I'm not - I'm just talking from experience...

We can all relate to your fears and concerns as no doubt, we will have all have experienced this at some point - or even are now.

The tears are natural and act as a great way of releasing some of the built up tension in your nervous system so let it come freely - don't fight it and don't bottle it up. (Though it may be a good idea to try to do it away from your little one so that he doesn't get upset seeing you upset).

The fact of the matter is that you will definitely get better from this - all you need to do is allow yourself to get better. Give yourself some time. Chat with the family and try to explain how this all feels - even let them take a look at the homepage of this website so that they can read through some of the things you are experiencing.

Also, I would say that you could be a little bit hypersensitive to the world around you and you could be seeing things that certainly aren't there. I do it. I see my other half 'giving me looks' or 'looking impatient' with me and the truth of the fact is that it simply isn't the case. It is my nerves playing tricks on me.

I really wish you a rapid recovery so that you can enjoy (if that's the right word) your pregnancy!

Love and best wishes

Steve x

***And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance... I hope you dance***

Paddington
31-10-06, 13:33
hi hun,many congrats on your wonderful news...you are feelin lousy and i can empathise with that,havin a stinky time myself hun!It is all consuming when it is like this ,,BUT...i know it will pass.This feeling will go,Do read all the health anxiety posts on here.We are all dying of somthing!!The fear is so very real,i know hun!Your hormones will be kickin in too!!Weare here tosupport each other ,so keeposting ,keep talking !Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Piglet
31-10-06, 14:32
Congratulations hun on this lovely news!! :D:D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev
31-10-06, 14:57
Hi. Congrats on the pregnancy.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I get the slighest pain and i think it is something more serious. Does anyone else feel like this.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
This is very common. I had it and I'm sure lots of people here had it.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I feel qutie dizzy all the time.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Also very common. I felt dizzy all the time for months and months before I found out more about anxiety etc.

I'm assuming you have had routine health checks to rule out any physical problems.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I don't want to go through the rest of my life like this will it ever go away.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I know how you feel. I was worried it was never going to go and I would be stuck like it for the rest of my days. However, you can overcome it and you can get back to "normal". This is made so much easier having the experience and support of people who know what you are going through. I was very lucky in finding the people who helped me. You have to put the work in but the simple answer is, YES, this will go away.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am driving everyone in my family mad.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I think we've all been there on this one as well!!!!

You can recover and get life back to normal so don't despair.

Cheers,
Trev :D