PDA

View Full Version : Cold sores. & canker sore fears

violet33
11-10-13, 23:51
I had cold sore in corner of mouth on left about a week ago . It cleared up. But now I have canker sore INSIDE mouth lower lip on left AND ALSO have a cluster of small blisters which are probably herpes sores left Lower lip partially inside. & partially outside waiting to erupt from blisters. Now I am FREAKING OUT over oral cancer. I've read oral cancer doesn't cluster & any pics I've seen are single lesions. Herpes however does cluster. I've read herpes can occur inside mouth also, so I'm not actually sure if canker sore is canker sore or if it's herpes . Does anyone know anything about this topic. I've been having such panic over this I was actually trembling earlier . Any info anyone has on this as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. I feel frightened. & alone & panic stricken . Thank You!

nomorepanic
12-10-13, 00:14
Why don't you contact two oral cancer survivors on here - fishmanpa and ddcoo.

They may be able to offer help and reassurance.

I hope they don't mind me putting their names forward and I am sorry if I shouldn't have.

violet33
12-10-13, 00:18
I just posted short time ago about canker sore / herpes / cancer fears. Meant to mention that before I had original cold sore in corner of mouth had some sort of stomach bug. I've heard canker sore or fever blisters can indicate stomach issues, & in past when I've had sores , many times it's associated with stomach issue not long before or after outbreak .

violet33
12-10-13, 00:21
Hi Nicola, how do I contact these ppl? I don't know how to contact a specific person. Can you please tell me how ? Thank You!

nomorepanic
12-10-13, 00:26
You send them a PM (private message)

nomorepanic
12-10-13, 00:27
I am sure fishmanpa will see this post as well

nomorepanic
12-10-13, 00:28
I have merged your posts as well cos they are about the same thing

Fishmanpa
12-10-13, 00:42
Hi Violet,

Rest easy. It's not oral cancer and I know because I'm a survivor. I also have HSV so I unfortunately know that too. A canker/cold sore is herpes, HSV1. HSV2 is genital herpes although you can get type 1 down there too. It's very rare to get type two orally.

That being said, HSV1 can show itself a variety of ways inside and outside the oral cavity. There are many OTC remedies that help during the outbreak. There's no rhyme or reason for an outbreak but most typically they're caused by stress. It could be a cold or illness that brings it on or a stressful time at home or work. I've found it is what it is and you just have to deal with it.

Oral cancer will not present itself suddenly like a herpes outbreak will so again, take a breath, it's not oral cancer. So in the mean time, go to the pharmacy and get something to help relieve the symptoms you have and refrain from intimate contact until it all clears up.

Good Luck!

nomorepanic
12-10-13, 00:46
Thank You fishmanpa

Fishmanpa
12-10-13, 00:48
No Worries... glad to help :)

violet33
12-10-13, 00:51
Thank you so much ! I have horrible anxiety. & was shaking in fear! Nightmare! You have given me peace. & that is priceless ! Thank you again!