PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks on citalopram ?

hopey
12-10-13, 10:30
Hello everyone

Not put a message up lately, but have been reading your messages, found them very helpful.

I was on 20 mg citalopram for 8 years. GP changed me to 20mg fluoextine.
On this for 3 months, which made me a nervous wreck. GP suggested to come off fluo. Withdrawal symptoms were horrible. Stopped taking any AD for a month then went on current dosage of 20mg citalopram 6 weeks ago. Am still suffering side effects constantly recurring.

Has anyone had similar.

Replies would be very much appreciated

Suziqs
12-10-13, 18:47
Hopey Hun

All I can say is that having read about the side effects of citalopram and coming off going back on ... most people seem to be saying that going back on the tablets tend to make the side effects worse ... check out the thread re citalopram as that is where i found out alot about it xxxxxx :bighug1:

Hope these side effects subside really soon for you hun xx

Cammy
12-10-13, 20:51
I'm on day 16 on citalpram and still have severe anxiety every now and then, seems to be after eating or when I'm tired or have had lack of sleep. Hope they kick in soon as I'm really losing the will! :(

joanne1967
12-10-13, 21:51
hi im on day 10 of citalopram first 6 days I was a wreck worse than ever with my panic attacks constantly checking my pulse looking in the mirror today I felt crappy in morning but feeling a little bit better as the day went on I really never thought I would with these pills but im sure there is a little tiny bit of light coming through my dark tunnel hope it helps xx

fifeboy66
12-10-13, 22:01
I remember the first few weeks on citalopram. Head shocks..terrible anxiety. It will pass.

joanne1967
12-10-13, 22:33
Can't wait for that day when it passes fifeboy66 :(

Suziqs
12-10-13, 22:49
Can't wait for that day when it passes fifeboy66 :(

You will get there joanne but yes it does take a long time and all you can do is persevere with the side effects now and then you will feel much better, but for me is still didnt get rid of the panic attacks completely, it just allowed me to get on with my life in a state that i could manage xxxxx good luck xxxxx

joanne1967
12-10-13, 22:52
Thanx this site helps me so much xxx

Suziqs
12-10-13, 22:59
know what you mean Joanne - just means you can ask and someone is around that will at least have a chat with you - it gives you an insight into the way people react to different things and I suppose it makes us all realise that there are many many people suffering for whatever reason and we are NOT alone xxxx

joanne1967
12-10-13, 23:15
So true I really thought I was going insane never realised so many ppl suffer took me a long time to go dr until enough was enough and I gave in to good old meds can't wait til I write something positive snd I can help others who are just starting there meds xxx

hopey
13-10-13, 12:48
Hi Susiqzs

Thanks for your reply. It really does help.

I am now into my week 7. Didn't know some people said side effects can be worse second time on Cit.

Thanks again. Hope you are managing to cope. It can feel a long slog.
Will keep you posted.

Hopey

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Hi Cammy

It's so good to read other peoples reactions to these ADs. I could give them another title

(Anxiety Devils}

I have been amazed feeling and reading about all the horrible side effects they give.

Hope you are managing to cope.

Hopey

Cammy
13-10-13, 20:14
So when you start to feel better on citalopram what's next? I am on day 18 and the panic comes and goes. But how do you come off of them? Or know when to?