PDA

View Full Version : Are these signs of anxiety or something worse?

emmelyne
12-10-13, 20:04
I've lost a couple of pounds (had the flu about a month ago) get a rash that disappears after about an hour, getting a bit forgetful as my minds on worrying about things, headaches? I'm panicking that all this are signs of something really bad but if they're just anxiety then okay...has anyone else experienced this?

chicaplatense1
13-10-13, 02:29
Yes, I have experienced temporary loss of memory during really bad Anxiety. I remember walking around the neighborhood and know being sure on which street to turn to go home (I am not old either, I was in my early 30's then).
I worried that I had some neurological condition. I had an MRI done and nothing was wrong.
I also had headaches and weird sensations on my head at the time.
It was ll anxiety. When you are anxious you become so self absorbed that is easy to forget things or feel disoriented because you are not paying attention to your surroundings but to all your internal symptoms.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

And by the way I do loose quite a bit of weight and get really bad acne when I have anxiety as well...

Rennie1989
13-10-13, 09:57
I get it all too often. It is a symptom of anxiety and nothing to worry about :)

emmelyne
14-10-13, 00:18
Thanks guys. This is a big reassurance :) our bodies and minds can be strange but wonderful things when they choose to be!