PDA

View Full Version : Breathless after eating? :(

channie009
12-10-13, 20:15
I've been funny about eating for a while, anything new that I eat I panic about incase I get an allergic reaction, even if i've eaten that food before already.
Today I ate a pizza, my favourite food, but it was a different brand so I worried. I felt like oil had coated my mouth after I'd eaten it but no reaction.. I don't think anyway.

I struggled with 4 slices because I was worrying alot while eating so by the forth slice i'd had enough.

After about 5 minutes I started to feel like I wasn't breathing enough.

I'm worrying and I can't stop looking in the mirror to see if my lips are going blue and stuff.

I'm really worried :(

I'm tired and shakey now..

jared
12-10-13, 20:21
With a full stomach it puts pressure on your diaphragm which of course is an aid in breathing. The heart also pumps more steadily to supply blood to your digestive system.

It's pressure on your diaphragm. Some people even have heart palpitations after eating big meals. Enjoy that pizza :)

Eyji1
12-10-13, 21:26
You're having an anxiety attack.

xBettyBoopx
12-10-13, 22:50
Hi Channie

I get this a lotttttttttttttttt!! I did a post a couple of weeks ago about it. Makes me feel like I don't wanna eat so I don't get breathless:unsure: I also get fast heart rate.

Like jared said, it's pressure on your diaphragm. I was told to eat little but more often. I don't eat pizza but I would have thought that 4 slices is a lot. Anxiety will make it worse too.

Els
xxx