PDA

View Full Version : Back to GP on Tuesday as Amitriptyline not working...

WembleyBear
13-10-13, 15:37
...so medication review for me. Real deterioration in last few weeks - 50mg at bedtime is not sorting either my morning anxiety or my nocturnal panic attacks. Yesterday I woke up at 3.00am in state of anxiety and could not get back to sleep, today was 4.00am and I'm trying not to think about tomorrow as I have to work - I'm a train wreck without my sleep! Fed up that the one med that worked for me - Dosulepin 75mg was withdrawn - I've tried at least 7 different SSRI/SSNI in the last 2 years and without fail they all made my anxiety and agitation worse. I stuck with Duloxetine for 8 weeks until I could stand the inability to sit still or sleep no more. Was switched to Amitryptiline and it was helping me sleep but is not controlling my anxiety - and now it seems to have lost the ability to help with sleep now too:weep:. At the moment I feel like a buzzing electric current running through my limbs even though I'm breathing normally and I'm religiously doing my progression muscle relaxation exercises:mad:.

Has anybody with similar symptoms had any success with other Tricyclics or reversible MAOI as I'm thinking about asking for a change and possibly something to help with any start-up side-effects? The last time i went Pregabalin was mentioned, but this time I have to see another doc as my usual one isn't around for the next 3 weeks.... grr:mad:! All advice for repeating my story to the GP and suggestions for a replacement med gratefully received:D.

I have now applied for some CBT through the local MIND as well but waiting to see how long before they can see me. Will have to pay, but at least it is a reduced rate - I'm still waiting to see the NHS one after many months....

Thanks
Martyn:)